AAA TV (SAT) 06/13 Palacio de Los Deportes
1) Fabi Apache, Gran Apache, Octagoncito, Pimpinela Escarlata vs Billy Boy, Mini Abismo Negro, Polvo de Esterllas, Sexy Star
2) Aerostar, Laredo Kid, Super Fly vs Killer Clown, Psycho Clown, Zombie Clown
3) Alex Koslov vs Alan Stone, Crazy Boy, Extreme Tiger [AAA CRUISER, hardcore]
4) Charly Manson, Rocky Romero, X-Pac vs Cuervo, Ozz, Zorro
5) Latin Lover & Marco Corleone vs Joe Lider & Nicho el Millionario [AAA TAG]
6) Dr. Wagner Jr. vs Mesias [AAA HEAVY, UWA Heavy]
7) El Hijo del Santo, Jack Evans, La Parka Jr., Octagon, Vampiro vs Chessman, Electro Shock, Kenzo Suzuki, Silver King, Teddy Hart [cage, control of AAA]
2009 AAA TV Chart
Projected Air Date (#893/#894)
Mexico: 06/21, 06/28
US: 07/11, 07/18
Box Y Lucha’s lineups has the four title matches AAA has on it’s site, but it also has an “also appearing” list of wrestlers. Based on what we’ve been told so far, and who’s left, it’s pretty easy to put things together. Of course, everything’s subject to change until it happens.
Match by match, and note that I’m totally guessing on card order
- Minis have been added to the opener. This is Gran Apache’s return after Billy attacked his leg and put him out on 03/04 (though he’s been wrestling off TV in the interim and the injury hasn’t really been brought up much.) Long term plan here seems to be Sexi/Fabi in a mask/hair match, but the goal here should be a good match to start off the show
- This isn’t going to be the end of the winning streak either. If the story stays as it has, Super Fly probably has his big fall out with his partners.
- There was some thought the commission would have some problem with a ladder/hardcore match, but they seemed okay with Vamp/Mesias last year. This’ll be the stunt show of the night. It’d be quick to do a title change.
- More Zorro/X-Pac. The article on the website teased some special stip, so maybe there will be something to seperate this from the other trios they’ve done in this feud. Cuervo replaced Scoria along the way. Maybe Scoria gets added back to give Elegido a way onto the show, since he appears to have gone from being in a co-main event to not being at all.
- Why not have Marco and Latin win? Maybe they can get some press out of it, but it’s not like anyone’s really done much memorable with the tag titles when they’ve had it, and at least this duo would be less likely to lose all their non-title matches.
- Would Wagner agree to come in if he was not going to be the man? I know my answer to that, though there’s still some wiggle room between “was clearly the victor” and “actually won the match”
- Legion has had their six months of fun, and I don’t what there’s left to do if they’re all in control. I just don’t know what they’re going to do next either way – the old status quo of Roldan running AAA and Konnan trying to take over but inexplicably still on the show has been done, and sliding back to it would be lame. Konnan really needs to disappear off TV for a while to sell the trimpuht, but that doesn’t sound like something this company would do.
Original post follows below
Lineup updated on 05/26
This is the preliminary lineup, as announced on today’s AAA TV show in Mexico. (Thanks to pedrock @ box y lucha.) There’s some inconsistencies here compared to be what we’ve been told up to this point
– no Silver King vs La Parka, in a mask match or otherwise. Easy to read that as AAA backing down to the commission, though it may not totally be the case. (I guess we know for sure if Konnan doesn’t end up in the cage match.)
– AAA’s website has been saying the finals of the Cruiserweight Tournament would be this Friday, in Aguascalientes. Another case of the AAA website having bad info on AAA?
I think there will be a match or two added here. Given the length of matches, this isn’t going to fit all in one show as it is, and they’ll need a little bit more to fill out the second show. TripleMania had 8 matches last year, 7 the year before that, and 7 the year before that. I think Aerostar not being in the Apaches/Billy Boy match means he’s involved in something else.
I’ll break down the matches when we have a more definite lineup.