AAA WAGNER (SAT) 06/27 Estadio Revolulcion de Torreon, Coahuila [WagnerMania]
1) Oso Negro & Psycho b Dorado Jr. & Makina 27
2) Arana del Futuro, Gran Jefe I, Sexy Francis b El Dorado, Emperador Azteca, Sexy Piscis
3) Chamuco Trevino & Conflictus CO Espanto V & Stuka I [Relevos Increíbles ]
4) May Flowers & Polvo de Esterllas b Aerostar & Super Fly
5) Killer Clown, Psycho Clown, Zombie Clown b Alex Koslov, Charly Manson, El Elegido
6) Dr. Wagner Jr. & Konnan DQ Mesias & Silver King
Konnan refused to wrestle in the main event. Psycho Clown, seconding Konnan for no clear reason, unmasked Wagner for the DQ. Post match mic work teased Wagner/Silver vs Mesias/Konnan, but Mesias & Konnan didn’t like that idea. Earlier in the show, they teased Silver King vs La Parka Jr., Mesias vs Wagner in a rematch and May Flowers & Polvo de Estrellas vs Sexy Francis & Sexy Piscis for future shows. Despite the local commission telling him not to, Silver King wrestled in his mask, causing an upset editorial.
CMLL (SUN) 06/28 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara [Fuego en el Ring]
1) Astaroth & Hierro b Acertijo & Angel del Mal
2) Azazel & Rafaga b Palacio Negro & Virgo
3) Mr. Trueno & Rey Trueno b Magnum & Metatron
4) Casanova, Metro, Stuka Jr. b Dr. X, Satanico, Skandalo
5) Felino, Mr. Niebla, Negro Casas DQ Hijo del Fantasma, La Mascara, Mistico
Full results, just had the main event yesterday. Stuka and Satanico feuded in the semimain. Thought it may just be random, but Satanico felt Stuka was to full of himself, talking about having wrestled in 2 other countries while Satanico’s wrestled in more than 15. That’s not all – Satanico was also upset with Stuka and more so Ultimo Guerrero proclaiming the best wrestlers come from schools in Comarca Lagunera. Satanico wasn’t going to let Guadalajara be disrespected like that. Satanico vows never to forget this, and hopes to soon have a battle between the rival schools. This sounds like a fantastic idea for a cibernetico.
There’s also an interview with No Limit on wrestling in Mexico. They say the wrestling isn’t so much different as the fans. Yujiro says he loves Mexico, and also points out he has no girlfriend so he hopes he meets a Mexican girl to marry and bring back to Japan with him.
EAW (SUN) 06/28 Gimnasio Lazaro Cadenas, Salamanca, Guanajuato [box y lucha, or the nearly identical recap on LuchandoLibre, ESTO]
1) Gallito Colorado & MatriXXX b America & Terror Negro
2) Dinastia, Pequeno Angel, Ragde b Pesadilla, Siniestro, Talaxys
3) Dralion & Erick Snake b Nightmare & Skam 13
4) Tracy Taylor b La Diabolica
5) Don Pollo & El Alebrije b Hijo de Pirata Morgan & Pirata Morgan Jr.
6) Super Crazy & Zumbido b Juventud Guerrera & Scorpio Jr.
7) Dr. Wagner Jr. & Super Porky DQ El Hijo del Solitario & Pirata Morgan
Wagner wasn’t working with AAA this day, so he had no problem working here. Solitario pulled Wagner’s mask, got the pin, but the ref figured it out in the end. Scorpio made Zumbido bleed a great deal, but Zumbido came back to win. They’re still teasing that hair match.
IWRG (SUN) 06/28 Arena Naucalpan [KrisZ]
1) Sangre Latina b Fly Star
2) Chico Che & Rigo b Carta Brava Jr. & Judas el Traidor
3) Trauma I & Trauma II b Ghost Rider & Xibalba
4) Fantasma de la Opera, Mascara Ano 2000 Jr., Sauron b Bobby Lee Jr., Oficial 911, Oficial AK47
5) Avisman & Freelance NC Suicida & Tetsuya Bushi [Relevos Increíbles]
Main event was advertised last week as a six way cage match with Turbo and Black Thunder. Plans change. This main event went to a no contest, so they’ll do it again this weekend with hair mask on the line.
CMLL (MON) 06/29 Arena Puebla [CMLL]
5) La Sombra & Volador Jr. b Felino & Negro Casas [CMLL TAG]
Ovaciones has an interview with Panico, which ends up being about two quotes long. Even before they get to the Panico quotes, the author (Rosas Plata) claims, “10 months out from the Perros leaving, CMLL remains the strongest company in Mexico.” Their strength is built on their empty seats, I guess. The next paragraph talks about running shows in “areas that were lost”, naming Arena Isabel, San Luis Potosi, and Arena Coliseo Monterrey (uh, no.)
Anyway, Panico says CMLL can afford to lose anyone, because they’ll just take a kid out of one of their training schools to replace them. I don’t think that’s actually a working strategy, but it’d be interesting if CMLL actually believed that. Panico says guys like the Perros and Dos have left and some will eventually return, but that’s up to the wrestlers.
Dr. Wagner says Cibernetico and Mesias had to join forces to fight him, because neither has a chance on their own. Plus, Cibernetico had to return to AAA to exist at all. Mesias was a good champion, but he’s not at Wagner’s level. Wagner says the Perros knew he was scheduled for AAA on the day they announced him for their show, but announced them everyone. In this interview, Dr. Wagner says he’s a free and independent wrestler. Someone’s lying here.
Villano V wants a loser must retire match with Blue Panther for the anniversary show.
Blue Demon plans to start celebrating his 24th anniversary with the show in Toronto next month. He also talks about the great success of NWA Mexico, which hasn’t run a show in a 2.5 months.
Ras de Lona #52 is Sangre Azteca, Dragon Rojo, Ultimo Dragoncito, Terrible, Princesa Blanca, Stuka Jr., Hijo del Fantasma, Quemonito and the hosts going on rides at Six Flags for their one year anniversary. If you want to see Leobrado and Quemonito on a merry go round, this is the show for you. Not only does Stuka appear to own one shirt, but he also is totally freaked out on some of the rides.
Luchas 2000 #476 is all about their show on Saturday.
Guerreros del Ring #192 is a special double issue with Pesta Negra & Andre the Giant covers.
IWRG (TUE) 06/30 Arena Naucalpan [DJ Spectro]
1) Extrano vs Dinamic Black
2) Blacky & Crazy Cat vs Halconero & Tachido
3) Halcon Fire & Rosa Salvaje vs Osiris & Sangre Latina
4) Comando Negro, Espada de Plata, Garra de Aguila vs Alan Extreme, Chamaco Maravilla, Espada de Plata
5) Fly Star, Guizmo, Zafiro vs Imperio Azteca, Latin Brother, Menphis
Tuesday novato show. Didn’t know they were doing these, but the poster says this is the third.