Very rudo night. Panther took the first fall of the main event, Averno evened it up, and both were going for submissions in fall three. Reports have Panther being in control, but cornerman Ephesto distracted him and Averno cradled Panther for the win. There may be a rematch coming. Ovaciones says the match went 40 minutes, which probably means about 20 minutes of bell to bell (and less than that airs.)
Sombra replaces Shocker. Dos & No Limit won easily, with Hector being strechered out.
No notes on the rest of the show.
Lineups when they go up.
Edit: and they’re up
CMLL (TUE) 06/02 Arena Mexico
1) Pequeno Universo 2000, Pequeno Violencia, Pequeno Warrior vs Bracito de Oro, Electrico, Fantasy
2) Horus, Pegasso, Rey Cometa vs Arkangel de la Muerte, Shigeo Okumura, Skandalo
3) Shockercito vs Pequeño Damian 666 [hair]
4) Blue Panther, Hijo del Fantasma, Sagrado vs Averno, Ephesto, Mephisto
5) La Sombra, Mistico, Volador Jr. vs Felino, Mr. Niebla, Negro Casas
Horus is an Egyptian falcon-looking god. Not sure who he is here (random people have used the name, none consistently), but someone surely decided we needed another new guy. Hair match should be good, main is a rematch from this past week. This is a fan appreciation show.
CMLL (FRI) 06/05 Arena Mexico
1) Astro Boy & Bengala vs Caligula & Messala
2) Dark Angel, Marcela, Sahori vs Amapola, La Nazi, Princesa Blanca
3) La Mascara, Metro, Sagrado vs Heavy Metal, Misterioso II, Shigeo Okumura
4) Averno vs La Sombra, Sangre Azteca, Hijo del Fantasma, Dragon Rojo Jr., Mascara Dorada, Black Warrior, Texano Jr. [CMLL UNIVERSAL, torneo]
5) Hector Garza, Shocker, Volador Jr. vs Dos Caras Jr., Naito, Yujiro
People familiar with the mathematical concept called “counting” will note there’s eight wrestlers announced in the seven man tournament block. Left to come, based on the originally announced lineup:
- Negro Casas
- Rey Bucanero
- Ultimo Guerrero
- Volador Jr.
- La Mascara
- Hector Garza
That’s six, and they certainly could do a tournament of six if they wanted to. However, it’d be easy to replace Rey with Ephesto (title change), add Mephisto as 7, and Mistico as 8. They ought to announce that at some point if things have changed and that’s the case.
Note that this block has all three Poder Mexica members. Back when this tournament was announced, I think I only had Averno among these eight as a possible winner, but he’s not that far ahead of the rest of this bunch. Dorada and Dragon would be huge surprises, Texano and Fantasma would be mild surprises, but the only sure thing is the winner of this block is going to be an underdog with the winner of the second block.
Main event is a sort of rematch from the previous week. They’re very clear on building to No Limit vs Sombra/Volador, but that won’t be possible for a couple weeks at least.