Avernos took the first, Guerreros took the third, Ephesto got Rey clean in the third fall. He still wants the mask/hair match, but he wants to take care of winning the title on Tuesday first, since he hasn’t won a big singles title in his career. If Ephesto does win, does that mean he takes Rey’s spot in the Champions Tournament? Or did I just give away Tuesday’s finish? (hope you liked this bit the first time.)
Alan says semimatch was great.
AAA (THU) 05/14 Explanada Municipal de Mejapam de Madero Yautepec, Oaxaca
1) Cyborg (Oaxaca) & Dark b Centinela & Principe Condor
2) Furia Poblana & Super Rockero b Guayuka & Pachuco Salvaje
3) Cinthia Moreno & La Hechicera b Mari Apache & Tiffany
4) Silver Cat I & Silver Cat II b Epidemia & Simbolo [AULL TAG]
5) Alan Stone & Octagon b Black Abyss & Electro Shock
Just to note another AULL Title defense in Oaxaca.
Full results never turned up on CMLL.com, so there you go. Speaking of CMLL not doing something with it’s website, instead of just saying they’re running big shows in Acapuclo and Arena Isabel, why not put up the posters? Someone has the file. Or did they and I couldn’t find it?
SuperLuchas #316 has an interview with El Hijo del Santo. Santo justifies working for AAA despite critical comments of Konnan after the bit with Juvi by explaining that’s exactly why has to work here – he’s got to help the Roldan’s get the company back. Santo and interviewer discuss facing old rival Silver King; no one seems to discuss the reason he’s an old rival is because Santo was the one who took Silver King’s mask, which he’s now wearing again. Maybe Santo can win it twice.
Santo’s a busy man, also replacing Cibernetico in the main event of the big Torreon indy show which was pushed back to June 5th due to the flu.
AAA’s listing for tommorow’s TV taping says the mystery tag team facing Teddy & Chessman will be Roldan’s pick. This would seem to mean it’ll be the last two guys on AAA’s team, which is scheduled to be Vamp & Elegido (near of which is otherwise on this card.) Wouldn’t be too surprised to see Jack show up somehow to set up a separate match with Teddy at TripleMania.
In hyping up Tuesday’s big match, Blue Panther reminds us he was the first CMLL World Middleweight Champion, so the match versus Averno is about Panther getting back what’s should be his. It’s not mentioned here, but Panther never actually lost the title; he vacated it on jumping to AAA six months in. It would be a pretty great story if this was his first shot in 17 years, but he did a couple shots at Ringo Mendoza in ’99 and ’00. Question: if Blue Panther wins, is he in the champions tournament? Averno would still have the NWA title*, so the field would have to expand to 17. Or did I just give away Friday’s finish?
* – it may have just been random coincidence, or people forgetting their belts, but the NWA title belts were conspicuously missing from the photo of all the champions (who showed up) to announce the tournament. Averno & Sombra were there, but only had their CMLL titles. Texano was not there, and they have to be still counting the NWA titles to have him in the tournament. I love the history of the titles, and I don’t think they should just be handed back to this NWA because they said so, but 2 (or 3) less belts would be a fine start. They probably just didn’t want them in the picture and it means nothing, but it’s nice to dream.
Shocker is upset with Dos winning by cheating on Friday. If you didn’t see the finish, Shocker catapulted Dos, and Dos threw his mask off in process. Tiger Hispano blamed Shocked for the DQ. Shocker’s all ready to do the apuesta thing.
So is Mini Damain 666. Damian makes the outrageous claim that Shockercito is not actually guapo, but actually very feo. No wonder Shockercito agreed to the hair match, he certainly can’t let such things stand.
EAW was in Hidalgo. Not running a show, of course not, but scouting Super Crazy’s kids to see if they’re good enough to work the undercard of any show they might run.
Ohtani’s Jacket writes about a a great Sangre Chicana vs Perro AGuayo match from 1992.
WrestlingObserver has their AAA Recap. Xavier asks how many of the ‘300’ Psycho Circus wins we’ve actually seen on TV, so I went and checked: 21. Next week is 22, or 7% of them.
IWRG (THU) 05/28 Arena Naucalpan
1) Gizmo vs Zaico
2) Galactik & Mascara Magnifica vs Carta BRava Jr. & Vampiro Metalico
3) Diva Salvaje, Goleador, Miss Gaviota vs Avisman, Fantasma de la Opera, Xibalva
4) Angelico, Chico Che, Freelance vs Capitan Muerte, Durango Kid, Tetsuya Bushi
5) Oficial 911, Oficial AK47, Oficial Fierro vs Trauma I, Trauma II, Zatura
IWRG (SAT) 05/30 Arena Xochimilco
1) Eterno vs Comando Negro
2) Exodia & Jack vs Avisman & Hijo del Signo
3) Diva Salvaje, Miss Gaviota, Sexy Gladys vs Carta Brava Jr., Fantasma de la Opera, Vampiro Metalico
4) Bobby Lee Jr., Trauma I, Trauma II vs Oficial 911, Oficial AK47, Oficial Fierro
5) El Alebrije, Olimpico, Zatura vs Pirata Morgan, Tetsuya Bushi, Veneno
IWRG (SUN) 05/31 Arena Naucalpan
1) Exodia & Galactik vs Chico del Barrio & Mixteco Jr.
2) Chico Che, Freelance, Turbo vs Avisman, Black Thunder, Tetsuya Bushi
3) Angelico, Olimpico, Zatura vs Negro Navarro, Trauma I, Trauma II
4) Fuerza Guerrera, Juventud Guerrera, Veneno vs Black Terry, Cerebro Negro, Dr. Cerebro
PROLLM (SUN) 05/31 Coliseo Coacalco
1) Aleph & Fire Fox vs Drack & Espejismo
2) Cyrus & Guman vs Betos Boy & Sangre Latina
3) Daga, Eterno, Lobo Metalico vs Black Jaguar, Maldito, Niebla Negra II
4) Latino vs Niebla Negra I
5) Angelico, Brazo de Plata, Tony Rivera vs Hooligan, Magnifico, Misterioso II
Don’t usually post PROLLM to the front page, but they’ve got Porky working against CMLL stars for the first time since he’s left. He (and Angelico) appear to be on the card as indy guys brought in for the week, but I’m sure there’s hopes of turning it into something more.