CMLL (FRI) 05/08 Arena Mexico
1) Astro Boy & Trueno vs Puma King & Tiger Kid
2) Flash, Pegasso, Rey Cometa vs Arkangel de la Muerte, Loco Max, Skandalo
3) Maximo, Mictlan, Sagrado vs Black Warrior, Dragon Rojo Jr., Sangre Azteca
4) Hector Garza, Hijo del Fantasma, Shocker vs Dos Caras Jr., Ray Mendoza Jr., Texano Jr.
5) Felino, Mr. Niebla, Negro Casas vs Blue Panther, La Mascara, Mistico
Previews: Notimex, ESTO, Ovaciones.
This is not a particular noteworthy show if it wasn’t The First Show Back. It is interesting to see how much they think of La Mascara; I’d expect any of the tecnicos in the semifinal over him. It’ll be all about Mistico/Negro and Dos Jr. as a rudo (momentum got stalled on that one, maybe for the best?)
The real battle is in GDL, where CMLL runs another big card to compete with the Perros/Record show:
CMLL (FRI) 05/08 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) Angel de Oro & Angel de Plata vs Dr. X & Hooligan
2) Bam Bam, Mascarita Dorada, Saturno vs Pequeno Black Warrior, Pequeño Damian 666, Pierrothito
3) Dark Angel, Lady Apache, Marcela vs Amapola, Hiroka, Princesa Blanca
4) Mascara Dorada vs Virus [CMLL SL]
5) La Sombra & Volador Jr. vs Atlantis & Ultimo Guerrero [CMLL TAG]
I think the time off makes it more likely the tecnicos are going to win, just to do the happy finishes to make people feel glad they choose to come out. Dorada should be showcased in his home town. There’s no real reason to do a title change here, but that may not stop them.
PERROS (FRI) 05/08 Guadalajara
1) Rabia & Ritual vs Kunami & Pesadilla
2) Celestial & Cosmico vs Mr. Aguilita & Pequeno Halloween
3) Histeria, Psicosis, X-Fly vs Damian 666, Halloween, Mr. Aguila [ladder]
4) Intocable, Olimpico, Super Porky vs Cibernetico, Head Hunter I, Super Crazy
5) Dr. Wagner Jr. vs el Hijo del Perro Aguayo
Card subject to change (see below.) If Wagner actually loses clean, then I’d believe he’s really on his way out of here.
Ovaciones also mentioned that IWRG will be back running Arena Naucalpan on 05/14 (Navarros vs Fuerza/Juvi/Dr. Cerebro!) and 05/17 (the Traumas/Gemelos relevos suicida rescheduled match), but they’re not sure when they’re running Xochimilco.
Luchando Libre says Brazo de Plata spent the night in jail. I’m not sure why from the article; it mentions AAA says Porky breached his contract, but can they put you in jail for that in Mexico?
DJ Spectro looks at Brazo de Plata vs Ultraman.
Box Y Lucha has a video piece on Billy Boy opening his own gym.
Cesar looks at the real list of AAA departures
Dos de Tres’ cover photographer has a great page of photos his website.
WagnerMania links to video of Vamp vs Electro vs Zorro vs Wagner.
Segunda Caida watched IWRG 04/16/09.
LuchaWorld has KrisZ’s news update.