I was going to do this as all one post per month, but even that was taking too long. FWIW, I am watching shows the same week for the most part, but I forget to write the blurb and have been doing the video in bunches.
recap: this was one with the minis tecnico/tecnico match. It was fun, but I think I got my expectations too high going in for it. They did a good job, it was just an 8 minute match. Cometa/Artillero was okay, main event was usual Marco/Pesta fun.
PERROS (SAT) 04/11 Plaza de Toros Silverio Perez Feria del Caballeo, Texcoco [La WagnerMania]
1) Mr. Aguilita & Pequeño Halloween b Cosmico & local
2) Intocable & Super Porky DQ Halloween & Olimpico
3) Super Crazy b Mr. Aguila
4) Blue Demon Jr., Dr. Wagner Jr., La Park b Cibernetico, Damian 666, el Hijo del Perro Aguayo
Tecnicos took it in two falls with Cibernetico and Perro falling apart. Porky replaced Juvi, a local wrestler worked in place of Shockercito.
(Reforma) Black Warrior explains his suspension. Sort of. Warrior says some unnamed colleagues got him in trouble with management, and he was punished for it. No explanation of what he was specifically in trouble for. Everything is settled with management, though he’s clearly angry with whoever got him in trouble.
Box Y Lucha posted a lot of links:
– Dos Caras Jr. says he was sick of Hector Garza being a screw-up who keeps hitting his partner – that’s what got him kicked out of the Perros, Dos reminds us – and wasn’t happy that the fans seemed to side with Garza instead of him, so action had to be taken. Anyone who sides with Garza is against Dos, which is why Mascara had to be beat up as well. Dos is not interested in joining Hijo de Avernos: “I’m infinitely better than them.”
– Mascara Dorada is happy to win his first title, hopes to have a mask vs mask match with Polvora next.
– Espectro de Ultratumba and Picudo talk about leaving AAA. Picudo’s talks mostly about moving out, but Espectro is angry about not getting a chance in AAA. Apparently, there was a 20 person tryout to determine the new Espectro and this one was picked by Picudo, Silver Cat and Dorian, but AAA just wouldn’t give him any work or any time on TV.
– A look back at Chabela Romero’s career.
– Mephisto – or more Mephisto’s personal trainer – talks about his new diet/workout plan to cut fat and gain muscle.
– Villano III talks about how people watching lucha libre (on TV) is going to end people watching lucha libre (at all.)
AAA talked to Dr. Wagner, who wants to face Mesias to determine the real champ. That finish is still going to be a challenge.
Reading some back and forth in Notiver and elsewhere the last few days, it sounds like the Veracruz Fraterindad 2000 group is not much of a fraternity right now, with a group of wrestlers leaving and talking about forming their own promotion (over what percentage of the revenue they should be getting.)
NWA MEXICO (SUN) 04/19 Centro de Espectaculos Harumi, Coacalco
1) Ejecutor, Novato I, Novato II vs Comando, Leroy, Luguer
2) Templario vs Odiseo
3) Eragon vs Dragosth
4) Turbo vs Trauma II
5) Angelico vs Negro Navarro
6) Blue Demon Jr. & Super Astro vs Black Terry & El Dandy
CMLL (SUN) 04/19 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) Meteoro vs Relampago Azul
2) Idolo & Virgo vs Acertijo & Angel del Mal
3) Saturno & Shockercito vs Pequeño Damian 666 & Pequeño Warrior
4) Pegasso & Rey Cometa vs Dragon Rojo Jr. & Sangre Azteca
5) Mascara Dorada, Mictlan, Shocker vs Atlantis, Misterioso II, Ultimo Guerrero
Saturn = Boomerang.
CMLL (TUE) 04/21 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) Plata vs Angel del Mal
2) Astaroth vs Depredador (GDL)
3) Metatron vs Drago
4) Magnum vs Infierno
5) Stuka Jr. vs Mascara Magica
6) Mascara Dorada & Mictlan vs Dragon Rojo Jr. & Sangre Azteca
7) Hector Garza & Shocker vs Atlantis & Mr. Niebla
(Finally. Took too long on my part.) Check it out here if you have iTunes. If you like the show, or have otherwise constructive thoughts on it, please leave a review in the store. We’ll have to put together some artwork at some point too.