IWRG (SUN) 03/29 Arena Naucalpan [Dr. Spectro]
1) Garra de Aguila b Keshin Black
2) Latin Brother & Miss Gaviota b Arafath & Judas el Traidor
3) Gemelo Fantastico II, Trauma II, Turbo b Black Thunder, Hijo del Signo, Oficial Fierro
4) Trauma I b Bushi and Toxico AAA and Freelance and Multifacetico and Xibalva and Andy Barrow and Cerebro Negro and Capitan Muerte and Chico Che and Universo 2000 and Bobby Lee Jr. and Pierroth II and Hijo de Pierroth (IWRG) and Mascara Ano 2000 Jr. and Arlequin and Zatura and Dr. Cerebro and Gemelo Fantastico I and Oficial 911
This was another “eliminated wrestler is a lumberjack with a strap” match.
CMLL (SUN) 03/29 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara [mt]
5) Averno, Mephisto, Texano Jr. b Atlantis, Rey Bucanero, Ultimo Guerrero
Texano not only beat Atlantis clean in the third fall, but he also remembered Atlantis has a belt. Texano made the challenge, and it seems like it they’re setting it up here for next week (which would be two days after the fan appreciation show) or the week after.
indy (SUN) 03/29 Arena Pavillon del Norte [Vanguardia]
1) Zorro Plateado & Zorro Plateado Jr. b Indio Kikapoo & Zorro Galactico
2) Overnator, Piloto 2000, Popeye DQ Gran Markus, Gran Markus Jr., Green Femon
3) Rayo de Jalisco Jr. b Mascara Ano 2000 [WWA HEAVY]
Link has highlights of the match.
On luchalibreaaa.com, Konnan responds to Cibernetico’s comments about him: “I believe the drugs, steroids, and growth hormone have harmed the little intelligence he has left“. Well then. Konnan basically tells Cibernetico to get over it.
The promoter in Cancun who got caught putting someone else under the Abismo Negro mask is being suspended from promoting for two years, with fines (possible for AAA as well) yet to be determined. Even after everyone realized it could not have been Abismo Negro in that match because he would’ve been dead by then (and Black Abyss was on the opposite side, so it was surely some local), the promoter was still trying to claim it was the real Abismo Negro in the match. It’s a tough punishment, but he kinda dug his own hole and everyone involved shoudl’ve probably been much more apologetic about it from the start.
Previews of tonight’s show: both ESTO and Ovaciones focus on the Fire/Shockercito match. Fire would seem to be the underdog, but Shockercito’s name was spotted on a Perros del Mal lineup again.
This show, by the way, the one with the rushed hair/hair mask is NOT a Fan Appreciation show. That show is not until…next week. Why didn’t they just wait? There’s also a Sunday Fan Appreciation show on 04/12. I could not begin to guess what match they’re headlining either show with.
SuperLuchas has started selling official wrestlers gear the last few months, mostly indy guys. Today, they’re adding Atlantis. CMLL, of course, only has $150 professional Ultimo Guerrero and Mistico masks you can buy.
Not to make comparisons, but TO MAKE AN EASY COMPARISON: AAA (or the Dos de Tres staff, whatever difference that makes) posted the Winners/Super Calo mask match on YouTube.. That’s how you’re supposed to use the internet. Obviously, the next Dos de Tres is all about Abismo.
DTU interviews Shiima Xion about working their show.
Box Y Lucha #2915 has Abismo Negro’s death, and interviews with Super Porky and Pirata Morgan leaving AAA (posted by DJ Spectro). Super Porky says he’s working with ex-WWE-er Eugene on 04/18, which sounds like a MOTYC.
Guerreros del Ring #184 has Abismo Negro.
Luchas 2000 #464 has Abismo Negro, Villano V, and the guys leaving AAA.
In LA last Sunday, there was a lucha show to fight domestic violence. The idea is to spread the message that fighting if for lucha libre, but women should use the laws of the US to protect themselves.
WrestlingObserver has their AAA TV Recap.
(Lineup dump in a bit.)