CMLL (SUN) 03/29 Arena Coliseo [Ovaciones]
1) Rayo Tapatio I & Rayo Tapatio II b Cholo & Zayco
2) Fantasy, Pequeño Olímpico, Tzuki b Pequeño Damian 666, Pequeño Universo 2000, Pequeño Violencia
3) Amapola, Princesa Sujei, Rosa Negra b Dark Angel, Marcela, Sahori
4) Hijo del Fantasma, Mictlan, Sagrado b Ephesto, Lizmark Jr., Terrible
5) Blue Panther, Dos Caras Jr., Mistico b Mr. Niebla, Negro Casas, Skandalo
Mistico got Negro with a castia for the win, and wants a title rematch. They may just end up adding the title stip to the GDL match this Friday if they think it’ll help. Skandalo was filling in for Metal, still out hurt.
Ovaciones says the tecnicas lost the third match in the sub-headline, but says that they won in the body of the article.
Ovaciones has an interview with Villano V, who says the change to Ray Mendoza Jr. is permanent, to honor his father.
indy (SUN) 04/05 Arena Solidaridad [Josedjesus @ LMDLL]
1) Baby Fox, Sky, Turbina vs Boomerang, Kokox Klan, Misionero
2) Axl, Burrito, Furor vs Black Demon, Mongol Chino Jr., Sexy Psicis
3) Monje Negro II, Monje Negro III, Monje Negro Jr. vs Centurion Negro, Karonte, Mongol Chino
4) Histeria, Maniaco, Psicosis II vs Diluvio Negro I, Estrella Dorado Jr., Gato Volador
5) Antifaz del Norte, Blue Demon Jr., Hator vs Aventurero, Diluvio Negro II, La Park
This would seem to confirm that Psicosis and Histeria out of AAA. Dr. Landru says Pirata Morgan (and Hijo de Pirata Morgan) have left AAA, with Alebrije possibly also going. Pirata’s already turning up on indy lineups too.
FWIW, on the long ‘Daniel being his usual completely absurd self and everyone trying to get him to act sane’ comment thread – it seemed like there was an assumption AAA decided it no longer wanted Super Porky. Super Porky could’ve decided he no longer wanted AAA.
Pretty much all of the AAA guys of a similar age and a similar level have left; perhaps El Brazo is the last one left? Who knows how long he lasts. There’s probably now enough guys who were in AAA from 97 to 07 to run an AAA nostalgia promotion.
On the last Wrestling Observer Radio show, Dave Meltzer killed the quality of the AAA show, saying Jack, Rocky and Pimpi were the only ones who stuck out as good, and hated the Psycho Circus match (though noted Parka was the most over guy on the show.) In the comments, Sexington sounds like he enjoyed it more.
Box Y Lucha remembers Dinamico I, who passed away yesterday from a heart attack after his match.
Dr. Wagner Jr. has decided he’s ignoring that Canek beat Cibernetico to earn a shot at his title – he’s only doing the title match if he faces (and beat) both of them back in a triangle match.
Lizmark Sr. talks about proper lucha libre training.
Dos de Tres March has Vampiro on the cover. I like how there’s an article on the Psycho Circus as an Atomicos champs, an angle already long forgotten (and a story that could’ve only been written during a very short time.)