AAA OCEANO (SUN) 02/08 Plaza de Toros Mazatlan [Noroeste]
2) Kempo Dragon, Linterna Verde, Relampago b El Encapuchado, El Tapado, Terremoto King Jr.
3) El Elegido & Gallego b Halcon 78 & Kenzo Suzuki
4) Killer Clown, Psycho Clown, Zombie Clown b Alex Koslov, Rocky Romero, X-Pac
5) Electro Shock & Konnan b La Parka Jr. & Mesias
Tecnicos were on their way to winning until the Clowns and Kenzo hit the ring to help the rudos. Referee allowed it, and Konnan pinned Mesias. This was the local group’s 10th anniversary show.
AAA (SUN) 02/08 Arena Coliseo Monterrey [RFC]
1) Epidemius b Iron Extreme
2) Ejecutor, Mr. Secuestro, Poly Star b Aguila Extrema, Dama de Hierro, Relampago Azul (MTY)
3) Jesse & Tigre Cota b Aguila Azteca & TDN
4) La Momia & Virtual X b Rio Bravo & Tito Santana II [AAA NORTH TAG]
5) el Ángel, Laredo Kid, Super Porky b Decnnis, El Brazo, Escorpion Negro Jr.
Momia and Virtual X retain the tag titles.
Previews of today’s Arena Mexico card: ESTO & Ovaciones. Ovaciones pushes a Fantasma vs ReyBuc possible title match.
In the photos of the new National Trios Champions, Sangre and Dragon Rojo always seemed to be wearing the belts, while Black Warrior just held his in his hands. I thought that was just Black Warrior being Black Warrior, but SuperLuchas notes it’s because Black Warrior had a different belt. It’s either (mostly likely) Sangre’s middleweight title or Pierrohtito’s lightweight title – both have the newer design with black backgrounds on the front pace and a colored in map of Mexico. Did they lose the third belt? Did Sangre just wear his belt to the ring and there was post match confusion? I probably should watch the freaking video already, huh.
Lots more Box Y Lucha articles
– Alex Koslov gets the final word on the arguement with Hector, saying even Hector’s peers tease him in the locker room for copying Alex. Alex says he came to Mexico to learn from great wrestlers (Negro Navarro, Negro Casas, Blue Panther – guys at a higher level than Garza), not to copy. Alex also says “you can not hide the sun with a finger”, which is saying I plan on copying learning to impress others. Alex and Rocky are still on weekly passes to work in the country. They need CMLL to sign something to let them out of their old work permit to start their new one, which is not a good position to be in.
– Groon XXX is recovering well, but still will be out a year. He’s on a limited diet, but he’s happy to be out of the hospital. Groon XXX says he was scheduled to return on 01/31 but won’t name the company. AAA taped on 01/31 in Chalco, so he probably would’ve run in on the Groon II match to that that feud.
– Brazo de Oro talks about having a farewell tour of Japan in Dradition, teaming with Brazo de Platino and Maximo. He’s already there, and it runs to February 26th. He wants to see if he can get a retirement match in Arena Mexico after he returns. Didn’t he retire in 2006?
– Dos Caras Sr. talks about his feud with Canek.
– Villano III writes about misadventures in forgetting your gear. Once, he was wrestling Perro Aguayo Sr. and noticed Perro was having trouble running…because he accidentally packed two left boots. Sometimes, wrestlers forget to bring their masks and end up buying them outside the arena.
– The Ojos notes column mentions the fans overwhelming the celebrities at the Santo mass.
News you can take from this week’s Ras De Lona
– Dos and Ultimo were under the impression this upcoming Sunday’s match would be a title match (UG has no problems giving Dos a shot at the title).
– Mistico talks about a possible match with Tiger Mask IV.
– Mr. Niebla, Negro Casas and Leobrado Magadan dance at around 17:30
AAA says Chessman is still in the hospital. So why is he booked for a main event on Sunday?
Guerreros del Ring #177 has Wagner vs Wagner (Canek under a Wagner mask.)