AAA TV (SUN) 01/18 Parque de Beisbol de Guanajuato [AAA]
1) Billy Boy, Cinthia Moreno, Oriental vs Fabi Apache, Gran Apache, Mari Apache
2) Aerostar, el Ángel, Laredo Kid vs Rio Bravo, Tigre Cota, Tito Santana II
3) Alex Koslov, Rocky Romero, X-Pac vs Jack Evans, Teddy Hart, Zorro
4) Chessman, Killer Clown, Psycho Clown, Zombie Clown vs Cuervo, Escoria, Espíritu, Ozz [MEX ATOMICO]
5) Abismo Negro, Gronda II, Mesias vs Black Abyss, Electro Shock, Konnan
2009 AAA TV Chart
Projected Air Date (#872)
Without a doubt, this is AAA’s best taping of 2009 so far. Joking aside, this show looks like it may be fun.
So, Konnan’s big surprise replacement is…Black Abyss? I am okay with that. Actually, a Gronda rudo turn seems plausible there too, since Rellik was basically just a worse mask and a better worker version of Gronda. But I don’t want to see any rudo Gronda matches.
Both the 3rd and 4th matches scream “finally!”. Since about week two of the D-Mex stuff, the idea has been to do a match like the match they’re doing here, and they’re finally there. Meanwhile, the Psycho Circus do something more than add to a win total people don’t believe or don’t care about – either they finally have a meaningful win or the streak is over. (Plus, this title match was teased back in October, so it’s been a wait.)
The opening matches are welcome returns – an Air Force match that might be really good (though this is a sure candidate for a post match Legion beatdown) and the Apaches/Morenos stuff perhaps going somewhere. At least this confirm that the GdT angle was meant to be a rudo turn and not just randomness. Kinda odd it’s two men/one woman vs two women/one man, but I guess we’ve see the Apache sisters battle evenly with men enough to make it work.