AAA TV (MON) 11/17 Domo de la Feria de Leon [AAA
1) Billy Boy, Gato Eveready, Gran Apache vs Rio Bravo, Tigre Cota, Tito Santana II
2) Aerostar & el Ángel vs Jack Evans & Teddy Hart
3) Alex Koslov, Rocky Romero, X-Pac vs Crazy Boy, Oriental, Ultimo Gladiador
4) Latin Lover vs Zorro
5) ?, La Parka Jr., Súper Fly vs Kenzo Suzuki, Konnan, Rellik
…I had no idea Konnan was such a Latin Lover fan. In fact, I’d think he’d specifically said otherwise. Like the taping two days prior, this lineup is changed from what had originally been suggested. The ROH-ish guys did not end up being brought in; in Konnan’s F4 interview, he said they were being expected for 2009. (I do need to write about that at some point. Quite a range of emotions on that one.)
Which those guys not here, there’s really not any loud difference from any other show AAA’s done, despite the big storyline. Subtly, we’ve got three undercard matches which should be athletic acrobatic matches. The tercera doesn’t make much sense from a tecnico/rudo standpoint, but that’s not the design.
Latin Lover vs Zorro is inexplicable from many levels. I am now convinced Zorro is going to lose and lose a lot until the end of the year, where he will fall backwards on a pin to win the title. I’m not sure if I’m opposed to that.
The main event is no different. This is the first show Cibernetico is now longer part of AAA, so he’s the odds on favorite to be the surprise. That’s how it works.
Though, if Konnan’s supposed to be running AAA, how is this man supposed to be a surprise? Doesn’t Konnan make the matches? Shouldn’t he know? Maybe it’ll be Electro and it’ll just be another sad day for Super Fly.
CMLL (SUN) 11/09 Arena Coliseo
1) Romano & Sensei b Camorra & Inquisidor
2) Arkangel de la Muerte, Shigeo Okumura, Skandalo b Fabián el Gitano, Leono, Metálico
3) Euforia, Nosferatu, Virus b Flash, Máximo, Stuka Jr.
4) Terrible, Texano Jr., Villano V b Black Warrior, Heavy Metal, Olímpico
5) Atlantis, Rey Bucanero, Último Guerrero b La Máscara, Marco Corelone, Sagrado
You’ll be shocked to find out Lizmark Jr. didn’t show this week either. Rudos won. Sagrado landed bad on his left shoulder late and had to be stretched out. It might have been dislocated.
Think quick: which of the matches would you rather make TV, the 2nd or the 4th?
Euforia & Nosferatu are now demanding a shot at the Arena Coliseo tag team titles.
Romano is now 2 and 0.
AAA (SUN) 11/09 Arena Coliseo Monterrey [RFC]
1) Rey Imagen b Invasor
2) Aguila Extrema, Baby fox, TDN b Ejecutor, Mr. Secuestro, Sicario
3) Ave Negra I & Ave Negra II b La Momia & Mascara Divina
4) Extreme Tiger & Gran Apache b Billy Boy & Joe Lider
5) Kenzo Suzuki & Zorro b Nicho el Millionario & Octagón
Everyone turned on Lider in the semimain, which begs the question – why didn’t they just team up Nicho and Lider and Billy and Octagon? (Neither Nicho nor Octagon wanted to be in the semimain?) Seeing Extreme Tiger’s name here reminds me he’s still here and he’s so screwed with Halloween gone.
In today’s Ovaciones, they talk to indy wrestler Angel Star. He announces he’ll be switching his name to Mini Oro soon, having recieved permission from Plata. Angel Star/Mini Oro is 22, from DF, 3 years a wrestler, and trained by his father Rey Angel as well as Ringo Mendoza and Arturo Beristain.
There’s also a story about Sombra, Dragon Rojo and Faraon sponsoring a blanket drive for disadvantaged children.
Sunday, there’s articles on Okumura (injury return, nothing not previous said) and Ayako Hamada. Ayako says she’ll be in Mexico for the next two months, working for Martha’s group. I’d think that mean she’s out of AAA, but that’s not specifically mentioned. Sounds like Ayako will be training the Martha’s luchadoras while she’s here, and that may be the primary reasons he’s in. She’s back in Japan for Christmas.
El Siglo de Durango mentions the 11/17 AAA taping, talking about the Chessman/Cibernetico rivalary, but just giving a list of talent and no matches.
Pequeno Damian in Dradition: 11/09 LOST to El Blazer (via purolove.com) Dradtion’s website recap makes it sound like he impressed, both with his wrestling and his scary face paint.
indy (TUE) 11/11 Arena Aficion [El Sol de Hidalgo]
1) Super Brazo vs Cerebro Negro, Mimi Dark, Chico Che (DF), Chico Che (Pachuca), Aspid, Dr. Cerebro [hair]
2) Brazo de Oro Jr. vs El Exotico, Fantasma de la Ópera, El Maldito, Último Vampiro, Ninja de Fuego, Ira, Pandemonium, Medics I
There are TWO Chico Ches. Also, this must be a second Brazo de Oro Jr, which is scary on many levels. I believe a good 5% of comments are complaints about the first one.
CMLL (SUN) 11/16 Arena San Juan Pantitlan [SoloLuchas]
1) Pordiosero & Saturno vs Guerrero Mixtico I & Guerrero Mixtico II
2) Cosmico, Danger, Insecto vs Luis Cirio, Manny Cirio, Tony Cirio
3) Cicloncito Ramriez, La Parkita, Pierrothito vs Mini Head Hunter I, Mini Head Hunter II, Pequeño Violencia
4) Afrodita & Esther Moreno vs Flor Metalica & Rossy Moreno
5) Atlantis, Batman, Último Guerrero vs Arkangel de la Muerte, Gran Markus, Olímpico
What a team. If only Batman was one third of the trios champs instead of Negro Casas.
AAA TV (SUN) 11/09 Palenque del Inforum, Irapuato, Guanajuato [AAA]
1) Cinthia Moreno & La Diabólica b Estrellita & Fabi Apache
2) Alan Stone, Chris Stone, El Elegido DQ Hijo de Pirata Morgan, Pirata Morgan, Pirata Morgan Jr.
3) Decnnis, El Brazo, Escorpion Negro Jr. b el Ángel, Pimpinela Escarlata, Super Porky
4) Chessman, Killer Clown, Psycho Clown, Zombie Clown b Aerostar, Cibernetico, Laredo Kid, Silver King
5) La Parka Jr., Súper Fly, X-Pac b Electro Shock, Konnan, Rellik
Projected Air Date (#862)
The usual talking segment was at least taped between 2 & 3. Parka and Super Fly came out to the ring to apologize for losing the cage match for control of AAA on the last taping. Prez. Roldan said it was “not La Parka’s fault” (yes, Super Fly does suck) and doesn’t matter since he’s not going to turn over AAA to Konnan. Konnan crashed the party to remind everyone he still has the ashes and still can smoke them if they don’t give him control.
X-Pac turned out to be the surprise in the main event, and it was Rocky and Alex who ran into distract the rudos, allowing Parka to pin Konnan for the win.
Following up on what aired this past weekend in the US, Chessman and the Psycho Circus seem to be friends and got a dominating win over the tecnicos here. The recap teases Killer Clown vs Cibernetico, and Killer & Chessman teamed up to pin Cibernetico while Psycho and Zombie got Laredo and Aerostar. Silver King didn’t get pinned, but he still lost. If Wagner did jump and got booked the same as his brother, he wouldn’t be here at this point.
Porky and Brazo continue to feud. Decnnis pinned Angel.
Ovaciones report about Hijo being out of here must be wrong, because he was there. (Or they changed the guy under the mask.) Rudos got DQed for excessive violence, something about a chairshot into a chair into Elegido’s head this time.
Cinthia & Fabi continue to feud.
Next tapings are 11/15 in Cuernavaca and 11/17 in Leon. Hopefully I remember to check am.com.mx in the morning, because they probably will have the lineup and they haven’t been coming up on google much lately.