We’re taping the next edition of the podcast tommorow and we’re going to try to answer questions this time. If you’ve got some for the show, leave them in the comments here.
SoloLuchas says Dos Caras Jr. is signed with WWE and starting at the Royal Rumble. The article trumphants Dos Caras Jr.’s contract as a three year one. Super Porky’s contract was for three years.
CMLL (FRI) 10/24 Arena Mexico
1) Sensei & Sombra de Plata vs Calígula & Méssala
2) Flash, Metalik, Stuka Jr. vs Euforia, Loco Max, Skandalo
3) Hijo del Fantasma, Mictlán, Valiente vs Olímpico, Sangre Azteca, Virus
4) Dragon Rojo Jr., Ephesto, Misterioso II vs Averno, Mephisto, Terrible
5) Black Warrior, Blue Panther, Último Guerrero vs Villano III, Villano IV, Villano V
More intersting the show is any info about Perro Aguayo Jr.’s plan; surely people are going to have questions for Averno, Mephisto and Terrible. If they were serious about doing a UG/V5 as a mask match, you’d think they’d be hinting at a date by the end of this show. No one believes they are, so CMLL is kind of directionless at the moment.
AAA TV (FRI) 10/24 Beisbol Beto Avila, Veracruz
1) Mascarita Divina, Mini Charly Manson, Octagoncito vs Mascarita de la Muerte, Mini Chessman, Mini Histeria
2) Fabi Apache, Mascarita Sagrada 2007, Pimpinela Escarlata, Super Porky vs Cinthia Moreno, El Brazo, Mini Abismo Negro, Polvo de Esterllas [lumberjack]
3) Jack Evans & Teddy Hart vs Alan Stone & Chris Stone and Joe Lider & Nicho el Millionario [AAA TAG, ladder]
4) Mesias vs El Elegido, Silver King, Gato Eveready, Escoria, Psicosis II, Histeria, El Alebrije, Crazy Boy, Extreme Tiger, Cuervo, Pirata Morgan, Aerostar [torneo Antonio Pena]
5) Cibernetico vs Zorro, Chessman [street]
6) La Parka Jr., Latin Lover, Octagón, Súper Fly vs Electro Shock, Kenzo Suzuki, Konnan, Rellik [War Games]
Rellik is listed as a mystery. You’d hope it’d be him, because otherwise why would they have brought him in to start with?
Tonight’s AAA taping is getting more press, as it should. La Oreja has Konnan already announcing his new executive team. Tirantes will be treasurer, and various people from the gossip show will be taking other positions. So this isn’t happening, good to know. NotiVer has the lineup, an interview with Joaquin Roldan (who says Marisela Pena is getting the urn back win or loss, and competition is good for the business.) For some reason, ESPN Deportes is writing about these things.
Also from that press conference – El Brazo: “I do not dance”. Yes, the guy from the Meterosexuals. El Brazo also explains that all wrestlers, every wrestler in the world, had to come to Mexico to learn wrestling before going back to wherever they were from, so that proves Mexican wrestling is the best. SoloLuchas complains of deja vu.
CMLL (MON) 10/27 Arena Puebla
1) el Tigre, Legionario, SWAT vs Espiritu Maligno, Mr. Rafaga, Zigma
2) Dark Angel, Lady Apache, Lluvia vs La Seductora, Medussa, Princesa Sujei
3) Máximo, Mictlán, Valiente vs Dragon Rojo Jr., Olímpico, Sangre Azteca
4) Último Dragoncito vs Fire [mask]
5) Blue Panther, Dos Caras Jr., Dr. Wagner Jr. vs Atlantis, Mr. Niebla, Rey Bucanero
Lluvia? (Rain? That’d be fun, actually, though it’s surely not.) I’m taking Ultimo Dragoncito for the win.
SoloLuchas has an interview with Tony Cirio, who clears up one of AAA’s gimmick mysteries – he and Luis Cirio were La Mosca and La Hormiga! He’s a teacher at Arena Azteca Budokan.
Blue Panther talks about his career with el Siglo de Torreon.
Los Tinieblas are doing a children’s show on TV this Saturday.
Mil Mascaras: Resurrection gets a very positive review from PopMatters.
Negro and Romero in NJPW: 10/24 – G1 TAG LOSS to Yurijo and Naito.
BTW, this SuperLuchas post about steroids is doesn’t reach their usual standards. It’s not interesting enough to break down point by point, but – even if you do a good enough job of making “steroids don’t create muscle, you still have to work” and “wrestlers and families are hurt when wrestlers are out of action”, you still need to draw a line between those points and there’s nothing here close to that. I could go on about the author not knowing the differences using steroids as a catch-all term when they really should be saying PEDs, but the article starts with a memorial picture of Chris Benoit and that’s probably all you needed to know in the first place. There’s surely a good article to be written about steroid use in Mexico (and the compare/contrast to elsewhere), but I’d be shocked it if it came from a magazine affiliated site (or this one.)
La Wagnermania has a new site, which looks roughly 10000x better than this one.