Short matches aren’t worth the time it takes to upload them to DM. Infernales/tecnicos was fun for the time. Main event was unremarkable.
full show: 280 MB
AAA URIBE (THU) 10/16 Cento de Convenciones Tlalnepantla, EdM [Al Filo del Ring]
1) Escorpion Dorada & Suicidita b Rey Hechicero & Suicida
2) Payaso Carrona, Payaso Miedo, Payaso Terror b Coco Loco, Coco Negro, Coco Tigrillo
3) Crazy Boy & Ultimo Gladiador b Abismo Negro II & Psicosis II
4) El Alebrije, El Elegido, Super Porky b Decnnis, El Brazo, Escorpon Negro
5) Gronda II & Octagón b Electro Shock & Kenzo Suzuki
The report confirms it’s Black Abyss working as (the new) Abismo Negro and promises an interview to come. I’m going to start listing him as Abismo Negro II to separate them (though I think he’s not even the second Abismo Negro.) Al Filo del Ring also writes about 10/12 IWRG.
AULL (SAT) 10/18 Arena Lopez Mateos [sololuchas]
1) Antar, Black Star, Zayruz b Nino de Fuego, Principe Torbellino, Rey Krystal
2) Psicopata, Robin Maravilla, Super Panda b Black Spirit, Epitafio, Herejia
3) Quimico Jr., Terry 2000, Yakuza DQ Rey Krimen, Rocky Santana, Sepulturero I
4) Mictlán, Valiente, Volador Jr. b Dragon Rojo Jr., Misterioso II, Sadico
5) Antifaz del Norte, LA Park, Ultimo Dragon DQ Mr. Niebla, Sangre Azteca, Último Guerrero
Volador Jr. replaced Garza (with Dragon getting bumped up.) UG threw his mask to Park to draw the DQ in the main event. Terry 2000 turned on his teammates, and Rocky Santana may be going the other way.
No full results from Coliseo still. Ovaciones says Satanico gave Bucanero a slight hand in retaining the title. SoloLuchas elaborates more, saying Satanico distracted Garza. Good to see Rey and Satanico are friends again. Or maybe Satanico wanted revenge for Garza’s boys beating Satanico’s boys for the Arena Coliseo Tag Team championship. Everything goes back to those titles.
AAA: Konnan sure hopes he doesn’t lose his career again. I dunno, worked okay for him the first time. The more I think about it, the higher the chance for a Jake Roberts cameo. Being sober enough for the plane flight would seem to be the biggest roadblock.
Rey Bucanero blames rumors of him jumping on the Internet. Well, AAA’s site is in on the internet, sure. Also amusing that they’re still saying X-Pac had some immigration. He also says he’ll open an offical website in 2 weeks. Hope it’s better than Sombra’s; why do you make it friends only?
Villano V talks live on Box Y Lucha tomorrow. I’m looking forward to it, so the annoying flash animation will stop being on every single page.
FILL (SUN) 10/19 Arena Coliseo Monterrey [RFC]
1) Red Rebel L Red Flamer, Corazon Adicto, Kid Panther, Fomer Lover, Qeops La Momia, Angel Dorado Jr., Angel Negro, Panterita Ring II, Black Diamond [cage, mask]
2) Latin Heart, Sangre Chicana Jr., Sexy King b ?, Criminal, Dr. Tormenta
3) Estrella Dorada Jr., Golden Boy, Huracan Ramirez Jr. b Pancho Tequila, Rey Demonio Jr., Simbolo [FILL TRIOS]
4) Hator b Sangre Chicana [FILL MIDDLE]
5) Intocable, Juventud Guerrera, Toscano b Aventurero, Ghefar, Sergio Romo Jr.
indy (THU) 10/23 Arena Olimpico Laguna de Gomez Palacio [El Siglo de Torreon]
1) Aguila Negra & New Warrior vs Camorra & Detector Jr.
2) Mini Maximo & Parquita vs Calakita & Riki Estrada
3) Angel de Oro, Sexy Piscis, Trueno vs Dulce Paola, Guerrero Inca, Psycho
4) Blue Panther & Huracan Ramirez Jr. vs Último Guerrero & Villano V
That’s going to go bad for Villano V.
AAA (MON) 10/20 Arena Cuatro Caminos Nuevo Laredo [RFC]
1) Black Fenix, Explosivo, Principe Dimante vs Black Mamba, Oscuridad, Violento
2) Rio Bravo & Tito Santana II vs Pasion Crystal & Pimpinela Escarlata [AAA NORTH TAG]
3) Baby rap, Hombre Sin Miedo, Sangre Chicana vs Histeria, Psicosis II, Tiger Cota
4) Alex Koslov, Laredo Kid, Silver King vs Antifaz del Norte, Chessman, Kenzo Suzuki
Steve Sims asked that I post this:
At the end of the “Here and There” section of last week’s issue of Figure 4 Weekly (over date October 14, 2008, issue 695), a quote that I submitted for publication to Bryan was published.
I improperly and incorrectly claimed that the quote was from an e-mail sent to me. It was not. It was a comment in a thread in the Luchablog web site owned and maintained by The CubsFan.
As soon as I read the item in the Figure 4 Weekly newsletter, I wrote both Bryan and Cubs to apologize and to explain how it happened.
An explanation is not excuse however. There is no excuse for my action.
I apologize to them both, and to the readers of both the Figure 4 “empire” and the Luchablog web site, and I ask for your forgiveness.
Friday, October 17, 2008
CMLL (SUN) 10/19 Arena Coliseo
1) Artillero, Polvora, Súper Comando b Sombra de Plata, Starman, Trueno
2) Dark Angel, Goddess, Princesa Blanca b La Seductora, Mima Shimoda, Princesa Sujei
3) Hijo del Fantasma, La Mascara, Sombra b Euforia, Nosferatu, Satanico
4) Blue Panther, LA Park, Volador Jr. b Terrible, Villano IV, Villano V
5) Rey Bucanero b Héctor Garza [CMLL LH]
Sombra replacing Mictlan = WIN.
Now that I realized it, I’m disappointed I’m not getting the title match. Hector wants a hair match.
Trueno got strechered out.
While I’m at it…
GALLI (SUN) 10/19 Addison Community Center
1) Tokyo Twin I & Tokyo Twin II b Ryan Slade & Zach Thompson
2) Furia Roja & Pinocho b Emperador Azteca & Venom
3) ? b Electron
4) Tony Scarpone DCOR Dave Storm
5) Centella de Oro, Golden Star, Nemesis DQ Funebre, Resistencia, Yakuza
6) Charly Manson Jr. & Concussion Konselli b Chilango & Mason Comrad
7) El Tiger & Slayer b Amenzaz del Siglo & Vengazna
8) Samurai b Bryce Benjamin, Gringo Loco [GALLI]
* Tokyo Twins are two white guys doing Funaki. That wasn’t as bad as the tope Ryan Slade blew; I don’t think I’ve ever seen someone as completely catch the middle rope on a dive attempt as that one. It was not the worst botch of the night but the funniest for sure.
* Pinocho looks good, improved since I last saw him. Roja was rough.
* The ? guy’s name was announced twice, but I couldn’t understand it either time. He was an unmasked guy (Ricky Marvin with his head shaved looking guy) debuting here and good, making far more of an impression than Electron.
* Scarpone/Storm was a lot of comedy, and Scarpone killing him with a chair shots until the match was over. It sounded like they were setting up a rematch, but then they announced a different match later
* after intermission, they came back with another match which was a lot of brawling and chair shots. Golden Star still doesn’t believe in getting his hands up. After tens of chairs shots, rudos get DQed for a foul. Rudos give the rudo referee a loud testicular claw in revenge. Family show!
* Chilango, Mason Conrad, Amenaza del Siglo, Venganza, Bryce, Tony, and Gringo are the Underground. They use the nWo music, which is slightly hilarious
* In between matches here, Meteoro II was called out to announce his retirement. He suffered a career ending injury (unspecified) at age 17. That sucks. This set up a Meteoro I vs Chilango mask vs hair match at the 11/02 show. (M2 was okay enough to give Chilango a shiranu after he attacked M1, so perhaps it’s not that bad.)
* El Tigre has the funniest drawl. Slayer’s apparently turned back tecnico (maybe joining the Underground and turning?) Tigre decided to call out Scarpone, which is stepping up like two spots above his level, but why not. It did get him beat after the match.
* Three way fun with the heels enjoying the two on one advantage. Not Samuari’s best night, though. Bryce is the ex-Negrotistico Fantastico, throwing off the shackles of the old name but keeping the colors. The Underground keeps stealing the belt, and did again after this match.
for 11/02, we have
– Meteoro I vs Chilango [mask/hair]
– Funebre/Resistance vs Golden Star, Centella de Oro [GALLI TAG] – Funebre/Resistance will be suspended if they do anything questionable
– Scarpone/Amenaza vs Tigre/Slayer
– Yakuza vs Jerry Lynn, Yakuza gets a title shot if he wins.
– Something involving Samurai – maybe Samuari/Charly vs Bryce/Gringo? I think that’s right.