CMLL (FRI) 10/10 Arena Mexico [sololuchas, superluchas, La Afficon]
1) Sensei & Starman b Calígula & Méssala
2) Ángel Azteca Jr., Flash, Máscara Púrpura DQ Dr. X, Loco Max, Skandalo
3) Mictlán, Sagrado, Stuka Jr. b Dragon Rojo Jr., Ephesto, Mephisto
4) Heavy Metal, Lizmark Jr., Negro Casas b Hijo del Fantasma, Marco Corelone, Volador Jr.
5) Blue Panther, Dos Caras Jr., Héctor Garza b Atlantis, Mr. Niebla, Último Guerrero
Tecns won the main event in two falls, clean. After the match, the Villanos returned to attack Blue Panther. Dragon Rojo ran down for the save, then Ephesto and then finally Ultimo Gurerero decided to help out too. It seems the Lagunera guys have decided to rally around Blue Panther in his fight with the Villanos, which leaves three questions
1) all the guys who made a save were rudos – is Panther headed that way?
2) is this a one time, or an ongoing faction? What does this mean for the Guerreros?
3) Hooligan’s totally going to be involved, right? Please say yes.
In the semimain, the rudos got DQed for excessive violence, but they kept on going to win the second and the third (Lizmark foulding Corelone without the ref seeing it.)
Dragon Rojo replaced Virus, which makes sense in retrospect to get Dragon Rojo in the building to make his save. ESTO says Stuka replaced Valiente because Valiente is/was hurt from a head injury.
Skandalo grabbed Flash’s mask for the DQ in the second. Tecs took it in two.
Rey Misterio Jr. talked to Notimex. If there was a question about the recent Ovaciones stuff, it did not make it in here; this was more focused on the Dos Jr. rumors (Rey didn’t know if he was coming or not, but thinks he’s got the attributes to do well – he’d really love to have Perro Jr. in WWE though.) Rey’s NOT on next week’s WWE Mexico tour, since he’ll be with the RAW brand in Puerto Rico unless things change at the last minute. Rey’s was happy with RAW’s debut rating and fine with Televisa moving the show to a later hour, because it makes it “more flexible schedule”.
SoloLuchas interviews Bestia Negra, who talks a bunch about his pre-refereeing wrestling career. I wish SoloLuchas next page links were a bit more visible (or everything was just on one page, because you can apparently make them as long as you’d like.)
The next Dos y Tres magazine has the Psycho Circus on the cover.
Robert recaps 04/02/06 AAA, 04/16/06 CMLL and 04/20/06 IWRG
I guess Rockin’ Pneumonia and the Boogie Woogie Flu really is a bitch though b/c at the end of the fall he went for a slingshot somersault senton dive and HORRIBLY blew it.
CMLL (TUE) 10/14 Arena Mexico
1) Carrona & Cholo vs Molotov & Sombra de Plata
2) Calígula, Hooligan, Méssala vs Angel Azteca, Angel de Oro, Hijo del Faraon
3) Leono, Máscara Púrpura, Stuka Jr. vs Arkangel de la Muerte, Vangelis, Virus
4) a replacment for Alex Koslov, Máximo, Mictlán vs Dragon Rojo Jr., Ephesto, Olímpico
5) Héctor Garza, Hijo del Fantasma, La Máscara vs Misterioso II, Negro Casas, Rey Bucanero
As you’ll see, they had no idea Koslov was jumping, because he’s booked like normal next week (and probably the weeks after.) Not really surprised they still put his name up in the lineups after the rest of the world knew, because they probably didn’t know.
Hey, look, Hector actually teaming with his former title partners after they’ve stop holding the titles! Could be there’s just no other top tecnicos on this card, but let’s pretend they planned it that way.
CMLL (FRI) 10/17 Arena Mexico
1) Axel, Flash, Metalik vs Loco Max, Nitro, Skandalo
2) Máximo, Sagrado, Valiente vs Felino, Heavy Metal, Sangre Azteca
3) a replacement for Alex Koslov, Dos Caras Jr., Héctor Garza vs Averno, Mephisto, Terrible
4) Blue Panther, Ephesto, Último Guerrero vs Villano III, Villano IV, Villano IV [ri]
5) Marco Corelone vs Lizmark Jr. [hair]
Lizmark is teasing a surprise for his second. (Lizmark Sr.?) Since it logically would’ve been Alex, I’d guess Marco’s second will be a surprise too. Hey Marco, just don’t pick Mistico, that worked out really poorly for the last guy who did that.
AAA tapings results in a little bit.