Dos Caras Jr. to WWE
Dos Caras Jr. expects to sign with WWE tomorrow or Saturday, and he’s got no problem ripping CMLL on the way out the door.
If you recall, back when this story first broke, it was right before CMLL announced the CMLL Spain tour. At the time, Dos intimated the news getting out had caused some issues in his relationship Paco Alonso and CMLL Management. Turns out, once CMLL found out Dos was talking with WWE, the relationship was done. Dos stuck around to work out the rest of his contracted dates, but it sounds like there were very hurt feelings on both sides. Dos rips management without really being specific, saying they’re “doing bad things” (poor communication seems to be an issue), blaming CMLL for general discontent with the locker room.
Dos makes it clear that he fully planned on leaving the CMLL Heavyweight Title with CMLL on his way out, because it’s their title. It doesn’t sound CMLL was particularly interested in getting it back, or having him drop it in a title. “CMLL has no rivals for me to defend this belt.” I don’t think he’s saying no one in CMLL is on his level, it’s that CMLL hasn’t had any challenge him.
Dos is looking at doing farewell to Mexico shows in Tijuana and SLP. He’s done in Arena Mexico. No start date for WWE is mentioned, and it’s still impossible to figure.
A couple points to make
– Sicodelico Jr.’s almost positively going to CMLL as well.
– doesn’t sound CMLL made any attempt to keep him
– if CMLL knew Dos was going, why did they give him a spot on the anniversary show? That seems extremely dumb, there surely would’ve been someone else thrilled to have the spot.
– I think the Lizmark/Corelone feud was planned to have a hair match blowoff – it seems headed that way, and it seems like there’s people booking for the own day of the week shows without any knowledge of what else is going with only occasional oversight or communication – but they might as well might that title match then doing a pointless tournament. The belt means zero right now, don’t waste time on deciding a new champ.
Of course, Dos might not be the only done here…
AAA teases a CMLL jump
Just in case they remove it, here’s the poll currently on AAA’s site:
They’re asking which one of these guys will be the big surprise on AAA’s show this Sunday. They can worm out of it or even just ignore it later, but at the moment, they’re pretty much saying one of these four guys is showing up at the TV taping.
why it won’t be them:
– Tarzan Boy and Shocker are currently independent guys, but both who’ve expressed a strong desire to return to CMLL. Shocker’s said as much in the last week.
– Olimpico and Rey Bucanero are working for CMLL; there’s no telling if they’re actually under a contracted, but they surely have contracted dates.
why it will be them:
– Tarzan’s been on the outside a long time and probably could use the steady employment. Shocker didn’t say he wouldn’t go back to AAA when he asked.
– Rey Bucanero has been the subject of quite a few AAA jump rumors since his tecnico turn
– Olimpico was ticked to be off the anniversary show
where they’re supposed to be on Sunday
– Olimpico is part of a tag tourny in GDL
– Shocker headlines the Scorpio benefit show at Arena Emilano Zapata
– Rey Bucanero wrestled last Sunday, and has no known future matches. Doesn’t mean he’s absolutely not working, just not in a show that’s on our radar. (Odd factoid: he’s only worked Coliseo, Mexico and Puebla this month, so he may not be working small shows.)
– Tarzan works the NWA Mexico show on Saturday, but has nothing for Sunday.
what impact they’d make
– Olimpico: little. Taking Niebla’s role is probably the best to hope for, and can’t imagine him as a tecnico
– Rey Bucanero: moderate, depending on how quick they lose interest
– Tarzan Boy: same – can’t seem to find much to do with Alan Stone, what are they going to do with an older version one the jump wears off?
– Shocker: moderate, because it’d be hard to trust him at this point
If I had to pick any of them, I’d guess Tarzan Boy because he’s probably given up on waiting for CMLL. But, my real pick is none of the above. It might be some other outsider (surprised they didn’t throw in Black Warrior, though a ex-WWE to capitalize on RAW moving in would make more sense), but I think this is mostly done to cause rumors, speculation, and discontent inside of CMLL. It’ll be the buzz of the internet and people will be ticked if it’s not a jump, but this is going be something much more known to people inside the business than the average fan watching AAA when this taping airs next weekend. The speculation isn’t going sell tickets or increase ratings, but it’s going to tick off CMLL and AAA’s always counting that as a win.
This is also a brilliant way to take the spotlight off AAA acknowledging their timeslot is being moved and cut. And this sucks for the guys named who aren’t jumping.
Let’s take a moment to note how hilarious/CMLL-rific it would be for Bucanero to jump, and CMLL to lose it’s Heavyweight and Light Heavyweight champion in one weekend. If I had any faith in NWA Mexico to do better, forget the idea I suggest yesterday afternoon – they should just point out how much a joke titles are in CMLL, how titles go seasons (or years!) without being defending, say they’re not champions worth recognizing, and move on.
CMLL puts date to Goddess/Princesa Sujei mask match
CMLL (TUE) 10/07 Arena Mexico [the Punisher Wagner @ el Martinete]
1) Apocalipsis & Ramstein vs Angel de Oro & Astro Boy
2) Hijo del Faraon, Metálico, Tigre Blanco vs Bronco III, Euforia, Nosferatu
3) Ephesto, Misterioso II, Vangelis vs Hijo del Fantasma, La Máscara, La Sombra
4) Goddess vs Princesa Sujei [mask]
5) Heavy Metal, Mr. Niebla, Negro Casas vs Blue Panther, Dr. Wagner Jr., Héctor Garza
This is CMLL’s first Tuesday show of the month, so it’ll be a discount show. That’s also probably why the mask match is happening this week as well as the other better than usual matches. CMLL determines success by the number of people in Arena Mexico seats; even with as underpaid the guys are, this particular show surely can not be making them money, but if it looks decent for once they’ll probably be happy.
I feel pretty safe picking Sujei. Well, I’d feel pretty safe picking Sujei, because having Goddess beating Sujei would make as much sense as Villano V beating Blue Panther and we sure found that one out.
Regardless, this probably isn’t the losers farewell – Diana la Cazadora worked the next week and twice more after her hair match. Even if Goddess is headed back to Canada, they’ll surely keep her around for a week so everyone can see her unmasked.