La Orjea had a panel of AAA wrestlers on to discuss whether wrestling is real or fake. According to the article, those on the panel were Octagon, Super Porky, Cibernetico, Mesias, Konnan and Shocker. Yes, Shocker. Perhaps we know who’s the big surprise on Sunday.
If this is correct, that means – as you’ll see below – Shocker not only convinced IWRG to run a multi-week main event angle around he and Zumbido stopping the feud and teaming up again only take off before they actually team up, but Shocker will also be no-showing a charity show to make to AAA TV. Burn, bridges, burn!
BTW, AAA’s time has changed yet again: the website says it’s 2h30m now.
IWRG (SUN) 09/28 Arena Naucalpan [the Gladiatores]
1) Avisman b Imperio Azteca
2) Eragon & Zatura b Carta Brava & Drakot Kid
3) Cerebro Negro, Dr. Cerebro, Nemesis IWRG b Gemelo Fanatstico I, Gemelo Fanatstico II, Jack
4) Fenix, Freelance, Pendulo b Black Terry, el Hijo del Pierroth, Negro Navarro
5) Oficial 911, Oficial AK47, Oficial Fierro b Capitán Muerte, Cyborg, Xibalva [IWRG IC TRIOS]
6) Dr. Wagner Jr., Juventud Guerrera, Shocker b Head Hunter I, Mascara Ano 2000 Jr., Zumbido
Zumbido was turning tecnico during this match, so the rudos pretty much failed. After the match, Zumbido and Shocker announced they were teaming up now and challenged the Jr. Capos for a tag team title shot.
Oficials now hold the IWRG IC and Mexico State trios titles.
Cerebros snuck in fouls on the Gemelos to take the third match.
AAA (TUE) 09/30 Parque Revolucion de Culiacan [noroeste]
3) Kempo Dragon, Monster Truck, Relampago b Doberman, Mario el Desalmado, Psiclope [Copa Culiacan 477]
4) Jack Evans & Teddy Hart b Aerostar & Súper Fly and Joe Lider & Nicho el Millionario
5) Kenzo Suzuki, Konnan, Zorro b Cibernetico, Mascara Divina, Silver King
Rudos (who had Arturo Rivera with them) snuck in a foul on the Cibernetico. In the triangle tag match, Lider/Nicho were first out. Attendence is listed as 3,000.
AAA (MON) 10/27 Parque Revolucion de Culiacan
1) Octagoncito & Sexy Star vs Mini Abismo Negro & Tiffany
2) Cuervo & Ozz vs Abismo Negro & La Parka Jr.
Again, Abismo and Tiffany showing up.
AAA says La Hechicera will be out a month with a leg injury. Good to know that, but out of all the injuries and disappearances in the last six months, they only one they feel like publicizing is La Hechicera.
SoloLuchas talks to Hooligan, who has the most generic future plans possible for a luchador. (He’s like to win something! He’d like to move up the card!) His son, a fan of rock music, came up with the idea for the gimmick. Hooligan also celerbates the Santos winning the championship. This article finds a way to mention La Alianza, so Cesar Cruz Garcia must be a lurker in the comments. There’s no other way.
NWA Mexico gets some decent coverage: Luchando Libre explains the concept of the NWA. Blue Demon Jr. hypes up the show in ESTO, also mentioning that Santo’s not coming back until December (they’re worried about oversaturation.) SoloLuchas starts their article this way, according to the translation
The day after the Blue Demon got rid of a group of zombies who had a sunny kindergarten near his gallery and withstood the charms of female vampire that bothered him all night
NWA Mexico president is a tough job!
Gato Eveready & Hijo del Pirata Morgan will be on the Deportes 830 station at 8pm on Sunday.
Luchando Libre writes about Dos Caras Jr. going to WWE.
SuperLuchas posts video of Argentina’s 100% Lucha and about Campeones de Lucha Libre. SoloLuchas talks to Dragon Rojo Jr. talks about the movie. “They should not think that the film is based on my life, but rather represents an adventure that many of us, both wrestlers and fans at some point in our lives we imagined when we were kids.”
The Gladiatores also catches up with former wrestler Bello Adan/the Rose, who’s now a mask seller outside of Arena Mexico, and had photos from the DF New Wrestler Licensing Evalutation from Arena Coliseo.
CMLL (MON) 10/06 Arena Puebla
1) Lestat & Toro Bill vs Espiritu Maligno & Zigma
2) Bam Bam, Fantasy, Último Dragoncito vs Fire, Mr. Aguilita, Pequeño Black Warrior
3) Axxel, Flash, Metalik vs Skandalo, Vangelis, Virus
4) Hijo del Fantasma, La Máscara, Volador Jr. vs Mr. Niebla, Rey Bucanero, Sangre Azteca
5) Dos Caras Jr., Héctor Garza, Marco Corelone vs Atlantis, Negro Casas, Último Guerrero
You know, being this is CMLL, I wouldn’t be totally surprised if Dos just worked that show anyway. But I’m thinking not.
A play opening up tonight in Xalapa: Mascara contra cabellera.