AAA TV (FRI) 10/10 Auditorio Municipal Jose Maria Arteaga de Queretaro [KrisZ]
1) Fabi Apache & Mari Apache vs Ayako Hamada & Cinthia Moreno
2) Alan Stone & Chris Stone vs Jack Evans & Teddy Hart
3) Chessman vs El Mesias
4) Octagón & Súper Fly vs Electro Shock & Konnan
5) Killer Clown, Psycho Clown, Zombie Clown vs Cuervo, Escoria, Ozz
6) Cibernetico vs Zorro
Things of not here
– the comedy of Zorro/Cibernetico single matches returns
– I’d totally be okay with the Sect beating the Circus
– Super Fly’s going to die
– Chessman can finally burn Mesias and get over it, yay
– Alan & Chris continued as a regular tag team?
– Ayako Hamada back, yay. So much better than all the ruda alternatives. We need a Estrellita for Rosa Negra trade to fix this problem.
Victor recaps this week’s CTres show. WrestlingObserver has this week’s CMLL on FSE. Robert writes about a whole bunch of March & April ’06 Guerreros del Ring:
Is there a worse worker in CMLL besides Ultimo Dragon? Is it possible TNA was fine with the list of guys CMLL sent them but wanted Ultimo Dragon pulled off the team and Ultimo wouldn’t budge? The guy is practically unwatchable.
(Does Mike Sempervive read this site? Hope all turns out well for him.)
DTU (FRI) 10/24 Campo de Comanches [DTU]
1) Masivo vs Konamy, Mascarita de la Muerte, Mini Dizzy, Gabo, Drastick Boy, Flamita, Hormia, Black Fire, Charly X
2) Amo de la Noche vs Rockero [Tulancingo WELTER]
3) Talaxys & Turbo vs Black Thunder & Relampago de Fuego
4) Demente Xtreme vs Ragade, Aero Back, Pesadilal, Suicida, Money Pack, Parniko, Toxico AAA
5) Angel o Demonio vs Juan el Ranchero, Violento Jack, Dance Boy, King Cobra
6) Crazy Boy & Ultimo Gladiador vs Jack Evans & Teddy Hart and Extreme Tiger & Halloween [DTU TAG]
CMLL (TUE) 09/23 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara [cmll]
1) Milenio b Relampago Azul
2) Virgo b Ebola
3) Samurai b Rafaga
4) Exterminador b Magnum
5) Flash b Infierno
6) Damián 666 & Mr. Águila b Leon Blanco & Stuka Jr.
7) Atlantis & Último Guerrero b Alex Koslov & Héctor Garza
LLF (FRI) 09/26 Arena Femenil de Monterrey [josedjesus @ el martinete]
1) Angelica b Dreamer [LLF Juvenil, toreno, qf]
2) Perla Negra b Hija de Karonte [LLF Juvenil, toreno, qf]
3) Dama de Hierro b Wendy [LLF Juvenil, toreno, qf]
4) La Bandida b RBD [LLF Juvenil, toreno, qf]
5) Dama de Hierro b Angelica [LLF Juvenil, toreno, sf]
6) Perla Negra b La Bandida [LLF Juvenil, toreno, sf]
7) Perla Negra b Dama de Hierro [LLF Juvenil, toreno, final]
8) Tsunami b La Chacala, Justiciera
CMLL (SUN) 09/28 Arena Coliseo [CMLL, Ovaciones]
1) Artillero & Súper Comando b Rayo Tapatío I & Rayo Tapatío II
2) Goddess, Princesa Blanca, Sahori b La Nazi, Medussa, Mima Shimoda
3) Máscara Púrpura, Tony Rivera, Valiente b Loco Max, Sangre Azteca, Satánico
4) Felino, Heavy Metal, Negro Casas b Damián 666, Mephisto, Mr. Águila
5) Dos Caras Jr., Héctor Garza, Marco Corelone DQ Atlantis, Lizmark Jr., Rey Bucanero
Lizmark fouled Dos yet again in the main event.
In the tercera, Sangre Azteca played the part of Halcon Negro this week and surely regretted it. That picture over there is a still of a Valiente dive gone horribly wrong, and both he and Sangre were strechered out. The CMLL.com report says it was only a scare, but that’s pretty scary. This also overshadowed the angle they were running – Tony Rivera vs Loco Max is indeed on for a hair match next week.
This morning, there was a note confirming this on CMLL.com, noting Tony’s past long winning streak in these matches and Loco Max’s bad performance. It’s disappeared since about 11AM CST.
Ovaciones writes about the Halcon Negro situation. They’re under the belief Halcon Negro is actually supposed to show up each and every week and keeps no-showing.
CMLL (SUN) 09/28 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara [MT]
4) Terrible & Texano Jr. b Máscara Año 2000 & Universo 2000 [OCCIDENTE TAG]
5) Gallo & Hijo del Fantasma b Malefico & Máscara Mágica [hair]
6) Blue Panther DQ Villano V
Panther had Villano in the armbar and V5 must’ve not been countering it this time because Terrible & Texano had to run in for the DQ. Gallo & Hijo de Fantasma did not lose their masks. Phew. It’s not like I was expecting the Dinamitias to win the tag team championships of the West (because, why?), but it’s still is surprising to see them lose any time they don’t have to at this point.
Al Filo del Ring has a Shocker interview from Guerreros del Ring (the magazine) – not a lot new: considers himself on leave with CMLL and desperately wants to go back, doesn’t like the AAA using the Guapo name but has no issues with the guys themselves – and one from Scorpio at his benefit show, where he hoped to return to the ring by Novemeber.
Aguila Solitaria would like to return to Arena Mexico for a few retirement matches.
CMLL (MON) 09/29 Arena Puebla
1) Astruriano, Centella de Oro, Tiger Rojo vs Fuerza Chicana, Mr. Rafaga, Toro Bill
2) Black Tiger, Blue Center, Legionario vs Fire, Pequeño Violencia, Pierrothito
3) Alex Koslov, Máximo, Mictlán vs Euforia, Nosferatu, Satánico
4) Dos Caras Jr., Héctor Garza, Marco Corelone vs Atlantis, Negro Casas, Último Guerrero
5) Blue Panther vs Villano V
Pierrothito brings the lightweight title back to Puebla! Also another Panther/V5 rematch and the trios champs teaming up in a non title match (though Ovaciones thinks we should expect a title match next week.)
IWRG (THU) 09/25 Arena Naucalpan [SuperLuchas #283
1) DVD b Anubis
2) Gemelo Fantastico I & Gemelo Fantastico II b Eragon & Pendulo
3) Cerebro Negro, Dr. Cerebro, Sauron b Freelance, Jack, Zatura
4) el Hijo Del Anibal, Latino, Multifacético b Black Terry, el Hijo del Pierroth, Veneno
5) Juventud Guerrera & Zumbido b Fuerza Guerrera & Shocker
Guerrera turned out to be true to their word – they refused to fight each other during the match…at least until Fuerza surprised Juvi with an armbar to win a fall. After the match, the Guerreras turned on the ex-Guapos.
Latino is a Villalobos wrestler, a Latin Lover knock off. Dr. Cerebro still wants that title shot against Freelance. People trip over title shots in IWRG, I don’t know what’s taking that one so long.
There’s no big article places, but this week’s SuperLuchas also notes in a couple places that there’s a unhappiness with TV Azteca airing WWE SmackDown on Friday nights, feeling it could damage Arena Meixco business.
Villano V is livid with Mistico for trying to take away from his victory by suggesting there might have been a Villano switch. V5 doesn’t want to wait until next Anniversary, he wants to face Mistico right now – Mistico may be hurt but so is V5 – so he can take his mask and maybe break his leg.
Meanwhile, Blue Panther does not like the idea of a career vs career match with the Villanos.
Fabian el Gitano opened a gym yesterday, and the opening was well attended by CMLL wrestlers. I think I speak for everyone where I wish the gym is a tremendous success, to the point where Fabian is so busy counting his money that he no longer has a chance to wrestle. Interesting side notes: Dragon Rojo Jr. showed up as Diamante Negro for reasons he didn’t feel like explaining coherently (he says it was to be confusing, and it was) and Okumura showed up to remind Fabian they still have issues. Fabian vowed to break Okumura’s other arm given the chance, and promised to not lose like Mictlan if Diamante Negro ever put up his mask agianst his.
Villano III and Tinieblas (Sr.) talk to El Heralado de Tabasco. Tinieblas says he’s considering retiring, but he’d want to have a grand retirement show with eeveryone who he’s ever known. V3 says Atlantis and Ultimo Guerrero are little girls afraid he’s going to take their masks.
IWRG (THU) 10/02 Arena Naucalpan
1) Eragon vs Epidemia
2) Pendulo & Terror Negro vs Judas el Traidor & Sauron
3) Freelance, Pegaso Extreme, Rey Cometa vs Oficial 911, Oficial AK47, Oficial Fierro
4) el Hijo Del Anibal, Latino, Multifacético vs Black Terry, el Hijo del Pierroth, Ghost Rider
5) Shocker & Zumbido vs Fuerza Guerrera & Toscano
I think Shocker and Toscano have met before. That’s the ex-Fuerza Aerea guys working the second match as IWRG approaches it’s (apparent) goal of using 300 different wrestlers this year.
NWA Mexico (SAT) 10/04 Gimnasio Juan de la Barrera
1) Turbo vs Black Thunder
2) Skayde vs Dr. Cerebro
3) Super Muneco vs Pierko el Boricua
4) Incógnito vs Danger
5) Negro Navarro vs Solar I, Shu el Guerrero, Black Terry
6) Blue Demon Jr. vs El Dandy
7) Juvi, Mil Mascaras, Tarzan Boy vs Antifaz, Hator, Head Hunter I
Slightly adjust from when it was announced – No Shocker and no Cien Caras.
CMLL (SUN) 10/05 Arena Coliseo
1) Leono, Metálico, Tigre Blanco vs Ephesto, Vangelis, Virus
2) Fabián el Gitano, Stuka Jr., Tony Rivera vs Halcon Negro, Loco Max, Satánico
3) Grey Shadow, La Sombra, Volador Jr. vs Damián 666, Mephisto, Mr. Águila
4) Blue Panther, Dos Caras Jr., Dr. Wagner Jr. vs Atlantis, Black Warrior, Mr. Niebla
Not only do we have four matches (they’ve got a filler one for the 5th), but also Halcon Negro continues his non appearances. Ephesto and Virus working the opener doesn’t seem to make a lot of sense either, so maybe there’s more of a shuffle coming here.
The best part of this Halcon Negro lineup stuff is it’s not just some pre-release version of the lineup going out to the magazines, it’s what CMLL is posting on their website every week.
CMLL (SUN) 10/05 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) Quazar vs Valentin Mayo
2) Idolo & Nube Roja vs Exterminador & Güero Loco
3) Magnum, Metal Balnco, Metatron vs Infierno, Mr. Trueno, Rey Tureno
4) La Máscara & Máximo vs Hijo del Fantasma & Valiente and Olímpico & Último Guerrero and Misterioso II & Sangre Azteca [torneo corona, sf]
Just after they finished one tournament here, they start another.
IWRG (SUN) 10/05 Arena Naucalpan
1) Eragon vs ?
2) Miss Gaviota & Super Halcon vs Drakot Kid & Furia Guerrera
3) Gemelo Fantastico I & Gemelo Fantastico II vs Cerebro Negro & Dr. Cerebro
4) Oficial 911, Oficial AK47, Oficial Fierro vs Black Terry, el Hijo del Pierroth, Veneno
5) Latino, Multifacético, Tinieblas Jr. vs Head Hunter I, Hijo del Cien Caras, Mascara Ano 2000 Jr.
CMLL (FRI) 09/26 Arena Mexico [ESTO, superluchas]
1) Angel de Oro & Metálico b Semental & Soberano
2) Hijo del Faraon, Metalik, Stuka Jr. b Bronco III, Skandalo, Vangelis
3) Dragon Rojo Jr., Heavy Metal, Rey Bucanero b Alex Koslov, Máximo, Valiente
4) Lizmark Jr., Mr. Niebla, Negro Casas b Dos Caras Jr., La Máscara, Marco Corelone
5) Blue Panther, Dr. Wagner Jr., Héctor Garza DQ Terrible, Texano Jr., Villano V
Panther was on his way to winning in two falls and directly on Villano V when Villano III and IV ran in from the crowd and beat up Panther. The Villanos demanded to be teamed back together and vowed to run Panther out of CMLL for good.
Semimain was all about focusing on Lizmark and Corelone again, Lizmark counting Air Italia to win. They brawled backstage after their match (in front of the press) as well.
Noroeste profiles Oscar Castillo, a retired Sinola area wrestler/locksmith.
CMLL (TUE) 09/30 Arena Mexico
1) Ángel Azteca Jr. & Sombra de Plata vs Semental & Zayco
2) Flash, Metálico, Sensei vs Bronco III, Loco Max, Nitro
3) Goddess, Lady Apache, Sahori vs Amapola, Hiroka, Princesa Sujei
4) Axel, Máximo, Valiente vs Damián 666, Misterioso II, Mr. Águila
5) Alex Koslov, Marco Corelone, Sagrado vs Averno, Terrible, Texano Jr.
Women’s match is a rematch from last week. They seem to be on pace for a mask match next week.
CMLL (FRI) 10/03 Arena Mexico
1) Molotov & Trueno vs Artillero & Súper Comando
2) Bam Bam, Mascarita Dorada, Último Dragoncito vs Pequeño Damian 666, Pequeño Halloween, Pequeño Warrior
3) Alex Koslov, Máximo, Mictlán vs Ephesto, Misterioso II, Sangre Azteca
4) La Máscara, La Sombra, Marco Corelone vs Dragon Rojo Jr., Lizmark Jr., Negro Casas
5) Blue Panther, Dr. Wagner Jr., Héctor Garza vs Atlantis, Mr. Niebla, Último Guerrero
AAA TV (SUN) 10/05 Plaza de Toros el Relicario, Puebla, Puebla [morgan_alebrije]
1) La Parkita, Mini Charly Manson, Mini Chessman vs Jerrito Estrada, Mascarita de la Muerte, Mini Kenzo Suzuki
2) Billy Boy, Gato Eveready, Pimpinela Escarlata vs Decnnis, El Brazo, Escorpion Negro Jr.
3) El Alebrije & El Elegido vs Hijo de Pirata Morgan & Pirata Morgan
4) Alan Stone & Chris Stone vs Joe Lider & Nicho el Millionario
5) ?, Aerostar, Silver King, Vampiro vs Cuervo, Escoria, Espíritu, Ozz
6) Cibernetico, La Parka Jr., Súper Fly vs Jack Evans, Teddy Hart, Zorro
Super Fly is sticking in the main event, even when there’s not an Electro to kill him. Good to see. They’ve been nice enough not to declare the next major show main event the week after this one, so there’s a chance Zorro could still get involved.
Mystery man is a Great Surprise. I don’t know that it definitely means anything, but X-Pac is supposed to appear on this show. And, hey, look, the Atomicos champs teaming up for the first time in 2008. I swear am not making that up, it’s been since last November in Leon.
The first time in I looked at the fourth match, I was so happy to see Chris Stone not only on TV, but reunited with Alan against the tag champs – could they be getting a title program? Now I’m thinking it’s more a team for the new champs to beat, so they actually get a win over someone.
I hope they have a date planned to do the Elegido/Pirata mask vs hair match. So I know when to cover my eyes.
So they do the Abismo/Charly angle, and then Abismo isn’t even on this show? Huh.
CMLL (FRI) 09/26 Arena Mexico
1) Angel de Oro & Metálico vs Semental & Soberano
2) Hijo del Faraon, Metalik, Stuka Jr. vs Bronco III, Skandalo, Vangelis
3) Alex Koslov, Máximo, Valiente vs Dragon Rojo Jr., Heavy Metal, Rey Bucanero
4) Dos Caras Jr., La Máscara, Marco Corelone vs Lizmark Jr., Mr. Niebla, Negro Casas
5) Blue Panther, Dr. Wagner Jr., Héctor Garza vs Terrible, Texano Jr., Villano V
previews: notimex, ESTO, Ovaciones. It’s all about Panther vs V5 hype wise. If you need other subplots, Hector is talking about revenge against the Perros for his knee injury. In the semimain, Marco and Lizmark continue to have issues. Worth watching to see if there’s any movement on Dragon Rojo changing camps, as has been hinted.
Mistico did some press this week to announce he’ll be gone till November (gone till November) He hopes to return the first week of November in Arena Mexico, which would mean 11/07, though that’s only a possibility in the version of the quote though SoloLucha’s posts. There’s also the usual booing discussion if you’re interested in reading it yet again; Mistico is slightly less antagonistic than usual, though does sort of accuse everyone who boos him of being troublemakers. “I am not a fighter who loves to replicate, or copy”, he’s quoted in SoloLuchas. Write that one down.
Going back to the difference in quotes, I’ve read all three articles and I have no idea if Mistico believes or doesn’t believe there was a Villanos switch in the mask match. He seems no switch in the ESTO article, uncertain in Milenio and strongly leaning towards a switch in SoloLuchas. Mistico does want to see the tape in every version.
In case Mistico happens to be reading this, LuchandoLibre breaks down the tape for you (and everyone else.) Looks like no switch, but they accurately note that this going to be one of those urban legends that never go away regardless of proof.
At this point, it doesn’t matter if the Villanos pulled a switch. For historical accuracy, it’s intersting and if it did happen it’ll eventually be confirmed (especially if the video comes out.) But it really doesn’t matter – there’s enough people who believe something went down that CMLL really needs to run with it as angle. Have the Villanos deny, have the tecnicos be unconvinced, have the Villanos get caught doing it again, (maybe have them suspended for it to give V5 some time to get surgery) and have tecnicos swear to avenge Blue Panther for the Villano’s cheating. CMLL has enough trouble getting people to buy into their angles that if people are buying into an angle they might not have even run, they ought to be going all the way with it.
Mistico was probably attended the press conference for Mexico City Museum’s opening of a lucha libre art exhibit. It’ll run from September 30 until Janurary 11, featuring photographs and other objects. There will be on bit dedicated to CMLL, and another to Santo. Naturally, they can’t be united. The curators talk about it in another article – it’s the same exhbit that was in Rochester last year. EXOnline notes the irony of a lucha libre exhibit in a museum opened by Ernesto Uruchurtu, the same man who banned lucha libre from TV in 1963.
AAA’s inviting the public to a mass for Antonio Pena on October 7th in mexico City.
Story I keep forgetting to post: RAW is indeed airing live on TVC Deportes, though it doesn’t sound like they got a press conference/belt. Live on TVC Deportes, repeated on Televisa Galavision on Sundays is exactly what SuperLuchas had reported back before the press conferences and it looks like they got it all right.
Ovaciones writes about the demolition of El Toreo and gets quotes from Villano V, of course.
The crowd boo’s Mistico EVERY TIME HE TRIES THE 6-1-9! It’s associated with Rey Jr. and everyone knows Mistico is CMLL’s version of Rey Jr. but they don’t want him copying the guy move for move. Unfortunately Mistico knows no better and after he hit the move the crowd got on him BIG TIME. It was hard to watch.
1) M1, Mini Rey del Espacio, Pegaso Boy b Malevolo, Mini Head Hunter I, Mini Head Hunter II
2) Luis Cirio, Manny Cirio, Tony Cirio b Carica, Coco Rosa, La Chona and Fulminante & Miserable and Muerte Negra, Rey del Epsacio, Soldado del Futuro [CONTRERAS TRIOS]
3) Batman, Dinamico, Hombre Arana b Dr. Karonte, Ex Mosco de la Merced, Mosco de la Merced
4) Infinito, Ogun, Ricky Ricon, Super Muneco b Hijo del Cien Caras, Ice Killer, Monsther, Pierko el Boruica
5) El Hijo Del Santo, Intocable, Juventud Guerrera b El Dandy, El Hijo del Solitario, Zumbido
Zumbido and Solitario screwed up, and the tecnicos rolled to the win.
IWRG (SUN) 09/21 Arena Naucalpan [joshyman @ el Martinete]
1) Eragon b Rey Estruendo
2) Gemelo Fantastico I & Gemelo Fantastico II b Anubis & Heavy Boy
3) Black Terry, el Hijo del Pierroth, Monsther b Aeroman, Freelance, Jack
4) Capitán Muerte, Cyborg, Xibalva b Oficial 911, Oficial AK47, Oficial Fierro
5) el Hijo Del Anibal, Multifacético, Tinieblas Jr. b Head Hunter I, Mascara Ano 2000 Jr., Zumbido
Head Hunter actually pinned his teammate MY2K Jr. after he and Anibal switched masks on the floor. The Death Squad beaing the Oficials to set up the Oficial getting a title shot makes no sense to me.
CMLL (SUN) 09/21 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara
1) Plata b Azazel
2) Depredador & Güero Loco b Idolo & Oro II
3) Casanova, Flash, Metal Blanco b Mr. Trueno, Rey Trueno, Sangre Azteca
4) Gallo, Hijo del Fantasma, Stuka Jr. DQ Malefico, Mascara Magica, Toxico (Guadalajara) [torneo, final]
5) Mr. Niebla, Negro Casas, Villano V b Alex Koslov, Blue Panther, Marco Corelone
In the main, V5 slipped in a foul on Panther. In the semimain, rudos got caught doing the same, and decided they might as well rip up the tecnicos masks if they’re already DQed. This sets up something lightning quick for this upcoming Sunday.
Everyone must’ve talked to Blue Panther after Tuesday’s show, because there’s a few different articles which all seem to be from the same conversation
– Notimex has Panther saying he was overconfident and that caused him to lose. Now, he doesn’t still have the mask, but he still is Blue Panther. Panther was nervous about the reaction of the crowd, but it’s been positive.
– In ESTO, Panthers says this is a new beginning of his career, he still needs lucha libre and lucha libre still needs Blue Panther.
– Meanwhile, Mephisto wants to take Panther’s hair and then retire him for good. Mephisto also thiks he and Averno should be tag team champs, because they’re great and they’re not injured all the time.
(SoloLuchas) Mike Suicida Segura says he’s not going to WWE because he doesn’t have his visa. You know, same thing happened to me – I was totally going to be booker for Arena Coliseo (12 week Corelone/Olimpico feud on the schedule), but I don’t have a passport and we all just decided that was an obstacle which could never possibly be overcome. It’s sad, really. Suicida says he’d like to get into CMLL or AAA. Interestingly, when he’s asked possibly going for the the IWRG Lightweight title, he says he’s heard there will soon be a tournament for a NWA Lightweight championship and he’ll be involved.
There’s a lucha libre art exhbit in Austin, TX this weekend.
CMLL (SUN) 09/28 Arena Coliseo de Guadalajara
1) Thunder Boy vs Ebola
2) Idolo & Nube Roja vs Exterminador & Güero Loco
3) Casanova & Stuka Jr. vs Cien Caras & Infierno
4) Terrible & Texano Jr. vs Máscara Año 2000 & Universo 2000 [OCCIDENTE TAG]
5) Gallo & Hijo del Fantasma vs Malefico & Máscara Mágica [hair, mask]
6) Blue Panther vs Villano V
First singles meeting since the mask match between those two. It’s the rudos putting their hairs on the line versus tecnico’s masks. I don’t know why either team wants the western tag team titles when I think about it, but okay.
CMLL (TUE) 09/30 Arena Coliseo de Guadalajara
1) Milenio vs Quazar
2) Impostor vs Egipcio
3) Samurai vs Depradador
4) Metatron vs Super Maquina
5) Metal Blanco & Palacio Negro vs Mr. Trueno & Rey Trueno
6) Dos Caras Jr., Leon Blanco, Rayman vs Cien Caras Jr., Máscara Año 2000, Universo 2000
7) Último Dragón vs Negro Casas
That would’ve been awesome in 1991.
CMLL MEDI CRIT (SAT) 10/04 Gimnasio de la UAT [Dr. Coloso IV @ LMdlL]
1) Astro Boy & Metalik vs Artillero & Súper Comando
2) Mascarita Dorada & Tzuki vs Pequeño Damian 666 & Pequeño Halloween
3) Máximo, Oro Negro, Shocker vs Baby Lover, Bronco III, Loco Castillo
I presume Shocker’s working this show as an indpendent. The poster lists this as a TV taping.
AAA-US: Only a two hour show this week. I have no recollection of it being that way when it aired in Mexico. It ends an hour earlier on Saturday (and Saturday overnight), and starts an hour later on Sunday.
Aerostar/Jack Evans rematch, Hell Brothers/Silver King vs the Legion, Fabi/Sexy vs Cinthia/Diabolica
52MX: with this being a post-PPV week, the Sunday segunda should slip in (Sensei and Dr. X appearances – also Fabian and Metalico.) Guerreros vs Angels (Metalik) in the main event
FOX: Tony vs Loco Max continues without Loco Max being in a match, grab bag rudos (Dragon Rojo) vs tecnicos (Valiente) main event.
CMLL: 90 minute show, should still allow them to get top 3
AAA-MEX: the second half of Verano. Did anyone watch last week?
CTres: Dorada/Pierroth for the title, Panther’s unmasked DF debut
CMLL (TUE) 09/23 Arena Mexico [notimex, ESTO]
2) Amapola, Hiroka, Princesa Sujei b Goddess, Princesa Blanca, Sahori
3) Pierrothito b Mascarita Dorada [MEX LIGHT, torneo, final]
4) Black Warrior, Olímpico, Rey Bucanero b Grey Shadow, Sagrado, Valiente
5) Blue Panther, Marco Corelone, Volador Jr. b Averno, Mephisto, Terrible
Blue Panther wore a t-shirt saying “Gracias por mis 30 años”, which retirement-ish, but everything else sounds like he’s sticking around. Ovaciones has an extended interview with him about the loss. The articles says Panther’s not retiring, though he’s more vague. Corelone beat Terrible for the win, and Terrible wants a hair match.
Warrior beat Sagrado in the semifinal with the new submission he’s been using a lot of late.
Pierrothito won the title with a modified campana. It still seems like this will just be another title for the minis division, which is awesome and deserves many titles (though maybe a tag one would’ve been better), but seeing as Pierrothito is still the best one to take that name from Pierroth, it’d be funny if they just bumped him up to the normal division as Pierroth Jr. to be proud of.
Sahori replaced Marcela, so it must’ve been overconfidence which led to rudas losing in two falls. Goddess used the ropes to pin Sujei in the second. If you think they’re going with feud there, keep on reading.
(Reforma via Jazzo) Princesa Sujei is vowing to end Goddess in CMLL. Sujei says she’s ready to fight Goddess in a mask match, beat her decisively, and send her back to Canada to never return. This doesn’t sound like your usual midcard feud: “There are many talents who would like the chance that is being wasted on her […] I want to destroy her because it does not deserve to be here. There’s no point in allowing her to overshadow to work of fellow luchadoras, who climbed into the ring to offer a good show, so I’m going to wreck her until she returns to her country.” That’s a promo! Sujei states she’s far from the only one who feels this way, and the public agrees.
(Reforma via Jazzo) In response, Goddess says she’s not going to leave, she’s going to stay, get better, and take Sujei’s mask first.
Yea, so we’re getting the mask match. And probably soon.
(Reforma via Jazzo – again!) El Hijo del Santo says the next Todo el X Todo show will be in Feburary 2009. It sounds like Santo thinks there’s too much stuff going on, and then they can center it around the anniversary of El Santo’s passing. Hijo del Santo is back in Spain and London next week.
AAA says X-Pac is starting a new faction called D-Generation-Mex. Way to be derivitaive. Now where do they get a fake HHH, a fake Road Dogg, a fake Billy Gunn and a fake Chyna (wait, don’t answer that one.)