CMLL (TUE) 05/22 Arena Coliseo [ova]
1) Mini Olimpico & Ultimo Dragoncito b Mini Damian 666 & Mini Halloween
2) Sensei, Stuka Jr., Trueno b Artillero, Jeque, Super Comando
3) Tigre Blanco, Tigre Metalico, Tony Rivera b Dr. X, Loco Max, Nitro
4) Ephesto, Okumura, Sangre Azteca b Fabian el Gitano, Felino, Mictlan
5) Atlantis, Ultimo Guerrero, Universo 2000 DQ Dos Caras Jr., Rey Bucanero, Volador Jr.
Main event was all pushing Ultimo Guerrero vs Volador Jr., with Ultimo ripping Volador’s mask and faking a foul for victory. In the segunda, Starman was replaced by Stuka, and Jeque filled in for Ramstein, so the Jeque/Stuka feud was back for at least one night.
In it’s recap of AAA’s 05/20 TV Taping, Ovaciones states La Parka Jr.’s rehab is not going well, he’s not close to being cleared, and will be out longer than expected.
This week’s Leyenda de Plata lineup has changed. As expected, Mistico is out of the tournament itself, moved to the main event in Marco Corelone’s spot (so they can begin teasing Aguila/Mistico for 06/01.) Sagrado takes his place, and since we’re not actually rebooking anything after lineup changes, he’s the heavy favorite to win. Texano replaced La Mascara, who’s out hurt.
Sicodelico Jr. will be part of the NWA World Heavyweight Championship Tournament. (Oddly, there’s a video promo with Nicho challenging for the belt, but not Sicodelcio. Plans change.) It’s a 16 man tournament, and he’s got to face someone named “Roughneck Ryan”, who’s theoretically one of the top 16 contenders in all the world despite being named “Roughneck Ryan”. Also, I’m not sure why two guys from the Texas area are having a first round match in Tennessee, but them there’s the breaks. If Sicodelico Jr. moves on, and gosh I hope he doesn’t lose to Roughneck Ryan, he’ll probably face Claudio Castagnoli and I would totally endorse that match happening. If Sicodelico Jr. wins the NWA Title, I think we’ll have to change the “Did the Gran Alternativa win lead him onto bigger things?” bit on the wiki to a Yes.
The word on the street – people all over the streets are talking about the NWA title tournament, naturally – is Byran Danielson will win end up winning the tournament. (Though now that even I know, it’ll be switched.) In a recent interview with Figure Four, Danielson talked a bit about wanting to do a stretch of wrestling in Mexico to learn how to wrestle lucha – he’s worked one Toryumon Mexico show, but that’s about it. If Bryan Danielson wins the NWA Title, CMLL absolutely must bring him in, because that’d be the awesomest thing possible ever. I’d be cool too if it was Claudio or Sicodelico and I’d understand if Danielson’s NOAH tieup means he’s got to AAA (because that’d could brilliantly insane), but just the concept of Danielson with the NWA Heavyweight Belt taking on, say, Mistico would be so fun, and probably draw. I think the NWA name actually might mean more in Mexico than it does in the US, because the Light Heavyweight title has fared quite a bit better than Heavyweight one over the last 18 years.
AULL (SAT) 05/19 Arena Lopez Mateos [KrisZ]
1) Tortugillio Ninja I, Tortugillio Ninja II, Tortugillio Ninja III b Pequeno Porro I, Pequeno Porro II, Pequeno Porro III
2) Haku, Mr. Potro, Yakuza b Angel de Fuego, Infierno, Kilvan
3) Epidemia & Robin Maravilla b El Solito & Psicopata [AULL TAG]
4) Sepulturero I b Hermano Sepulturero [name]
5) America Salvaje, Rey Krimen, Sadico b King Star Tiger, Mano Negra Jr., Terry 2000
6) Dos Caras Jr., Vampiro, Volador Jr. b Hijo de Cien Caras, Hijo del Cien Caras, Universo 2000
There’s a billion photos of this show over at El Martinete. AULL will be hosting a benefit show for El Signo on 07/01, who needs money for spinal surgery.
CMLL (SUN) 05/20 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara [KrisZ]
1) Casanova b Flama
2) Exterminador & Metatron b Destroyer & Rey Trueno
3) Rayman b Sagrado, Flash, Gallo, Metal Blanco, Cien Caras Jr., Mr. Trueno, Toxico, Malefico, Infierno [ciber]
4) Damian 666, Mr. Aguila, Terrible b Hijo de Lizmark, Vampiro, Volador Jr.
In the main, Terrible pinned Vampiro once again after a foul. Rayman & Sagrado want a shot at the Cien Caras Junior brothers Occidente Tag titles.
AAA (SUN) 05/20 Arena Coliseo Monterrey [rfc]
1) Mercurio & Virtual X b Ben Hur & Guerrero Negro Jr.
2) Ramses (ACM) & the Mummy b Karis & Orus
3) Estrellita, Hombre Sin Miedo, Octagoncito b Hechicera, Mini Chessman, Rey Infernal
4) Aventurero, Hator, Histeria b Angel, Brazo, Pimpinela
5) Charly Manson b Alan Stone
Pimpi is hurt, obviously so, and worked anyway.
indy (FRI) 06/01 Auditorio de Tijuana
1) Sparks vs Conde Murcielago
2) Pandillero I & Pandillero II vs Hijo de Kendo & Super Rino
3) Rubi Gardenia & Torando Negro vs Diamantina & Enfermero Jr.
4) Ku Kluk Klan I & Super Muenco vs Hijo de Rey Misterio & Ninja [ri]
5) Blue Demon Jr., Medico Asesino Jr., Rey Misterio vs Cien Caras Jr., Espectro Jr., Nicho
This is being promoted at Medico Asesino Jr.’s retirement match.
Medio Tiempo has a long interview/biography of Cibernetico on their site. Being an antihero and all, he doesn’t understand how parents would allow their children to be fans of his, though he gets why kids might be fans anyway.
(Notimex) A new lucha libre gym was opened in the Jardin Balbuena section of Mexico City.
Either this week’s GdR review or the opener y’all want to hear about will be posted later tonight – that’s the plan, anyway.