The top two matches for tonight’s Arena Mexico show have changed.
Originally, it was
4) Dos Caras Jr., Lizmark Jr., Universo 2000 vs LA Park, Marco Corelone, Ãšltimo Guerrero
5) MÃstico, Rey Bucanero, Shocker vs el Hijo del Perro Aguayo, Halloween, Terrible
CMLL.com now lists
4) Lizmark Jr., Shocker, Universo 2000 vs LA Park, Marco Corelone, Ãšltimo Guerrero
5) MÃstico, Rey Bucanero, Dr. Wagner Jr. vs el Hijo del Perro Aguayo, Halloween, Terrible
Esto echos those changes in it’s preview, but also has late breaking info that Universo 2000 will miss the show due to a shoulder injury, and his replacement is TBA. Esto also says the Lizmark Jr. rudo turn is off, though Notimex thinks it may go down.
off topic: I wonder if they were thinking of doing a father/son mask match with the Lizmarks, and that’s why he was turning rudo? I’m a little too interested in figuring out how Lizmark’s losing his mask, I think.
ESTO also has an interview with Atlantis. He’s hopeful he might get that mask match with Dr. Wagner in
2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007!
CMLL (SUN) 01/21 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara Results [cmll]
1) Imposter b Virgo
2) Golden, Idolo b Mr. Trueno, Valentin Mayo
3) Anthrax, Carlo Roggi DQ Danger (Guadalajara), Depredador
4) Ephesto, Infierno b FabiÃ¡n el Gitano, Gallo
5) Blue Panther, Heavy Metal, Shocker b Atlantis, Eclipse, OlÃmpico
6) Rey Bucanero b Ãšltimo Guerrero [CMLL LH]
Bad day for the Guerreros, as the report notes.
AULL (SAT) 02/27 Arena Lopez Mateos Lineup [el halcon]
1) Tortugullio Ninja II, Tortugullio Ninja III vs Supremo Jr., Rambo Jr.
2) Astro Boy, Robin Maravilla vs Dr. Karonte I, Dr. Karonte Jr. [AULL Tag, 2nd, torneo]
3) Coco Rojo, Coco Verde vs Cerebro Negro, Fantasma de la Opera
4) Rey Bucanero, Ultimo Gladiador, Terry 2000 vs Olimpico, Sadico, Rey Krimen
5) Mistico vs Sepultuero [mask]
CMLL (WED) 01/31 Plaza de Toros El Paseo Lineup [Sol de SLP]
4) Felino, Maximo, Rayo de Plata Jr. vs Sangre Guerrera, Dr. X, Sabu Jr.
5) Mistico, Blue Panther, La Mascara vs Averno, Mephisto, Ephesto
This previews is so weird. They hype up the show by saying “Felino’s coming! Felino’s awesome, ain’t he? And Magadan will be there, and he sure says some controversial things. Also, Mistico.” This is the Arena Mexico San Luis Potosi crew (/Rayo de Plata’s promotion), and so they’re taking this Sunday off from their weekly show, and handing out awards instead. They’ve already announced the winners
Wrestler: Rayo de Plata Jr.
New Wrestler: Salome
Rudo: Sabu Jr.
New Rudo: Black Fantasy
Special Mention: Sombra del Misterio, Lover Boy, Fuerza Maligna, Leopardo
El Siglo de Torreon has an extensive breakdown of the upcoming wrestlers license season. Every Thursday till the end of February, between 6 and 8, wrestlers can go to Auditorio Municipal de Torreon, get their required physical and pay 100 pesos ($9US) to pick up their license for 2007. If they wait to March, it’s 120 pesos for the license and 50 pesos for the physical. Currently, there are 140 active wrestlers in the local area.
Also in March, they’ll test any trainees who want to get licensed – they’ll have to work before three well known (but yet to be decided) local people from the scene, who will decide if they’re qualified to be in the wrestling ring. I’ve read about this in the Box Y Lucha regulations, but I wasn’t certain this was something they still did. It’s kinda awesome. Things are significantly less stringent in the US.