CMLL (THU) 01/04 Arena Isabel de Cuernavaca Results [cuadros]
1) Mini Robin, Mini Spiderman b Mini Hooligan I, Mini Hooligan II
2) Black Cyborg, Vampiro Metalico b Antaris, Robin
3) Mano Negra, Solar DRAW Negro Navarro, Shu el Guerrero
4) Atlantis, Hijo del Diablo, Mascara Ano 2000 b Lizmark Jr., Rayo de Jalisco Jr., Solar I
indy (THU) 01/04 Arena Olimpico Laguna de Gomez Palacio Results [Chui]
1) Scriba b Scriba Jr.
2) Piloto Suicida b Piloto Negro
3) el Tackle b Ultimo Guerrero, El Astuto, Soberano Jr., Tigre Metalico, Hombre sin Miedo, Mr. Guerrero, Misterioso II, Hooligan, Mini Star, Stuka Jr., Hijo del Soberano [ciber]
Tackle? I guess you might as well put over the guy who’s going to be arond the most.
If you are in the general vacanity of Tijuana, RUN! On Thursday, the 2,300 man police force walked off the job. There’s an ongoing federal investigation into police corruption in Tijuana (it pays better than police work), and as part of it, they wanted all the Tijuana police to hand over the weapons. The police complied, but decided they didn’t want to go out on patrol without a weapon, so they’re just all hanging out at the head quarters. The federal government had already moved the army in, but that was more to weed out the corruption (and the weed) than to take over police duites. If you’re in So Cal and thinking about heading down for a show, think again. (LA Times, via Steve Sims)
Tonight’s Arena Mexico Lineup
CMLL (FRI) 01/05 Arena Mexico
1) Mini Olimpico, Tzuki, Ultimo Dragoncito vs Mini Damian 666, Mini Halloween, Mini Mr. Agulia
2) Lady Apache, Marcela, Sahori vs Amapola, Hiroka, Mima Shimoda
3) Felino, Heavy Metal, Negro Casas vs Damian 666, Halloween, Mr. Aguila
4) Dr. Wagner Jr., Lizmark Jr., Rey Bucanero vs Atlantis, Olimpico, Ultimo Guerrero
5) Mistico vs Averno
This feels off season like, but then you’ve got the Casas brothers working third on the card, so it’s not completely there. If this was a regular Friday card, I’d think we get one more match – we usually do when it’s a single main event.
Mistico and Averno can have good matches in their sleep and this point, so this should be fine. Nothing else seems to be going on here, which means something I’ve completely forgotten about will be the lead story on Saturday.