Actually, the big show tonight is the Mistico vs Hijo del Diablo mask match in Tijuana. (So big, I listed it twice.) There’s even a bigger looking CMLL show in Mexico City, by the VIP promotion:
CMLL (FRI) 12/01 Salon 21, DF
1) Leono, Tigre Blanco, Tigre Metalico vs Dr. X, Nitro, Sangre Azteca
2) Dark Angel & India Sioux vs Amapola & Hiroka
3) Dr. Wagner Jr. & Hijo del Santo vs Blue Demon Jr. & LA Park
With Santo in town elsewhere, and Mistico out of town, why were they even considering running a PPV on this day? Maybe they were slow in realizing the schedule.
Anyway, the not-major, not-PPV card is:
CMLL (FRI) 12/01 Arena Mexico
1) Tigre Blanco & Tigre Metalico vs Loco Max & Ramstein
2) Mascara Purpura, Sagrado, Virus vs Alex Koslov, Misterioso II, Sangre Azteca
3) Atlantis, Tarzan Boy, Ultimo Guerrero vs Damain 666, Halloween, Hector Garza
4) Dr. Wagner Jr., Universo 2000, Volador Jr. vs Averno, Kenzo Suzuki, Mephisto
5) Dos Caras Jr., Rey Bucanero, Shocker vs Hijo del Perro Aguayo, Marco Corelone, Mr. Aguila
The big draw here is Perro’s return to Arena Mexico. This is his first match since losing the trios title match, and I wonder if his return means they’re finally going to pick up the Shocker turn in that match. All the Perros except Terrible (and Blue Demon, sorta) are on the show, and the champs are teaming up against a Perro group in the tercera, so something’s happening. Maybe it’s not a coincidence that none of those guys are yet booked for the 12/15 show – that’d give another needed strong match to the show.
Note that the big build to Shocker/Universo vs Marco/Kenzo has them split into different matches, with Corelone and Universo notably not in the same one. If there’s anything to them having issues, this would seem to back it up.