Today’s the 73rd anniversary of lucha libre in Mexico, and Ovaciones mentions some of the milestones. Did you know Arena Coliseo was originally built with (in part) 40,000 pesos Lutteroth won in the lottery? Early on, the big show of the week was held on Thursdays, so as not to conflict with boxing promoters.
IWRG (SUN) 09/17 Arena Neza Results
1) Bacteria b Turako
2) Comando Gama, Comando Mega b Halcon Salvaje, Kid Tiger
3) Ave Fenix, Stuka Jr., Suicida b Black Jaguar, Fantasma de la Opera, Xibalba
4) Kraneo, Loco Max, Nitro b Coco Blanco, Coco Rojo, Coco Verde
5) Canek, Misterioso II, Veneno b Dr. Wagner Jr., Negro Casas, Pantera
CMLL (TUE) 09/19 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara Results
1) Milenio b Virgo
2) Golden b Depredador
3) Mr. Trueno b Ebola
4) Guero Loco b Egipcio
5) Asesino Negro b Leon Blanco
6) Mascara Purpura, Maximo, Volador Jr. b Hombre Sin Nombre, Mascara Magica, Toxico
7) Hijo del Santo, La Mascara DQ Black Warrior, Olimpico
Warrior pulled La Mascara’s mask. He can’t buy a win.
Gladiador #11 is up at their website. Among other things, they’ve got recaps from some of the recent IWRG shows (that’s where the Neza results come), and interviews with Rosa Negra (not a lot new) and Gallo de Jalisco, and photos from a CMLL spot show with Rey Bucanero & Santo vs Ultimo Guerrero & Perro Aguayou Jr.
The El Nieto del Santo mentioned as wrestling earlier this was probably Axxel.