CMLL (FRI) 03/31 Arena Mexico Results
1) Arkangel de la Muerte, Hombre Sin Nombre, Shigeo Okumura b Mascara Purpura, Neutrón, Virus
2) Dark Angel, Diana La Cazdora, Princesa Blanca b Amapola, Medusa, Princesa Sujei
Dark Angel and Amapola agreed to a hair vs mask match. KrisZ reports it’s scheduled for the 04/27 show.
3) Pierroth, Takemura, Tarzan Boy vs Blue Panther, Satánico, Último Dragón
4) Dos Caras Jr. b Dr. Wagner Jr. and Brazo de Plata and La Máscara and Lizmark Jr. and Heavy Metal and Volador Jr. and Negro Casas and el Hijo del Perro Aguayo and Olímpico and Héctor Garza [Copa Jr.]
I’ll break this down into singles matches at some point. Alexis has your tournament brackets. Note the Wagner/Perro match.
5) Mistico b Black Warrior
Warrior had the first fall won, but accidentally attacked the ref for a DQ. Mistico took the second fall and demanded a mask/mask match. In Ovaciones, Paniaco said no contracts were yet signed, but they hope to have some news on Monday.
Gala was as predicted. If I paid more attention, I would’ve adjusted my GdR prediction to note they aired plenty of Arena Mexico stuff on the normal show, which always means plan B: two matches from Sunday.
03/26 Satánico, Starman, Último Dragón b Masada, Misterioso II, Shigeo Okumura
03/26 Atlantis, Último Guerrero, Universo 2000 b Dos Caras Jr., Dr. Wagner Jr., Lizmark Jr.
PLUS: more Magadan and Monito fun.
After GdR tonight, there was a special boxing show, with Dr. Alfonso Morales as one of the announcers. I know it makes perfect sense – they call the magazine Box Y Lucha for a reason – but it was still tough to grasp for the minute I watched.
El Halcon Net #58 is up. INSIDE:
– Interview with Hijo de Lizmark. He feels being the son of Lizmark gave him opportunities sooner on, but having a famous name doesn’t guarantee you’ll stay a star. He’s learned from wherever he’s gone, trying to take from both the good and the bad, and not to fall for promoters who promise the moons and the stars and deliver none of it. Lizmark’s under the impression that the FBI are coming back in a month. You know, he could be right; Palumbo hasn’t started in WWE yet, and there’s often a lag time between when people get signed and when they get used in that company. His immediate goals are the CMLL Heavyweight Championship and he’d love to get a shot at Ultimo Guerrero’s mask.
– Adiccion Luchistica talks about Olimpico, the Perro/Universo feud and the success of Halcon.net
– Timeline of El Soliatrio’s career and life. He’s been deceased twenty years this April 6th.
– Interview with Mini Pierroth. He’s going with the “I loved working for WWE and they loved me – a WWE VP (Johnny Ace?) even told me so! – but there was some visa issues. Maybe I’ll go back soon?” story. This may be dated. Pierrothito thinks there are some great indy minis – the original Mascarita Sagrada and Octagoncito – but feels the CMLL mini division is great. They just don’t get enough attention for the public to know them and their talent. (Which reminds me of a research project I need to do.)
– Q&A with Trueno. Trueno’s nickname is “chicken.” You wouldn’t think it. His favorite partner is Stuka, and that would be quite the fun team. His favorite type of woman is “like my wife”, and that’s a good way to answer.
– Recap and pictures from this week’s Arena Queretaro show. Main was Wagner Family (the Doc and Silver King) vs the Parka Family (LA and Super), and it sounds like quite the brawl that somehow ended up in a draw. LA Park and Wagner ended up ripping each other’s masks and challenged for mask matches, and it wouldn’t be a big surprise if they delivered on that match somewhere (though probably not in Arean Queretaro.) They set up another Guerrero Pandilla challenge for Maximo, Sagrado and Texano’s Mexico Trios belts (and there’s a superb group photo of the rudos in here.) Lady Apache wrestled, and like I said before, who knows what that means.
– Interview with Apocalipsis, with the concept that Apocalispis debuted in the Gran Alternativa tournament last year. Which doesn’t leave much to talk about. He does send out “a kiss and hug to all the pretty children.”