(this is the longest post ever? maybe.)
CMLL (FRI) 09/30 Arena Mexico Results [CMLL]
1) Tigre Blanco, Tigre Metalico, Tony Rivera b Flecha, Super Comando, Artillero
Tony got Super Comando with a Gory Special for the win.
2) Maximo, Sagrado, Texano Jr. b Pandilla Guerrera (Sangre Azteca, Nitro, Dr. X)
the unlikely tecnico trio challenged for a title shot after the match. They’ll get it next week.
3) Universo 2000, Mascara Ano 2000, Pierroth DQ Perros Del Mal (Hijo del Perro Aguayo, Damian 666, Halloween)
Aguila returned to cause the DQ and join the Perros del Mal.
4) Hiroshi Tanahashi & Shinsuke Nakamura b GdI (Ultimo Guerrero & Rey Bucanero) [IWGP TAG]
Dragon suplex to end it. O’Campo is very high on this match, and I’ve finally learned what “olympic bridge” means, so it’s good all around.
5) Mistico, Dr. Wagner Jr., El Hijo del Santo b GdA (Atlantis, Ultimo Guerrero, Tarzan Boy)
Mask ripping, Evil Monito, crazy multiperson moves, Wagner beating up Evil Monito, Wagner cheating for the win – truly, a odd main event. CMLL doesn’t mention boos, but O’Campo clearifies that they were aimed at Dr. Wagner Jr.
Here’s the thing: I hate CMLL booking more than ever at the moment, but I can’t find the right way to express it.
They are building up one single main event level match at the moment – Atlantis vs Dr. Wagner with both masks on the line – and it’s the match they’re positively sure they can’t do. In the process of fixing everything for those guys, they’ve
– Knocked down all of GdI a notch. I’m sure I’m taking this much to seriously, but the minute you change the name to Guerreros de Atlantida, it seems to me you’re saying Atlantis so much of a bigger star than those four, his name has to go over the top of them, and all the things they’ve done don’t mean all that much, because they’re still lesser than Atlantis. I understand you want to get over the effect and importance of the Atlantis’ turn (and maybe Atlantis IS a bigger star than Ultimo, Rey and Tarzan and lack of evidence and my own bias won’t let me see it), but doing at the price of margnalizing one of the most successful rudo acts from the last few years seems a bit much.
– Rey vs Ultimo has kicked off as a subplot, a footnote. “Oh, by the way, the greatest tag team of the last half decade aren’t seeing eye to eye anymore – but forget that, because ATLANTIS IS A RUDO!!!!!!” I want to write 2000 word (critically panned) essays about how Rey as tecnico, Ultimo as rudo is the best possible dynamic at this moment, but I’m not all together sure if they forget they were doing the breakup anymore. The breakup is so important, they don’t even bother following up on it! This would be the biggest crime possible, if they next thing didn’t happen.
– They put Mistico in a position to get booed. MISTICO. BOOED. I need some higher level of capitalization to properly express my shock and anger. They’ve done a great great thing with Mistico, and they’re verging on messing it all up. I know the nickname’s been used, but Mistico is the Truth, and you don’t [screw] with the Truth.
I think, maybe, if Atlantis was a guy I liked seeing, I might be a bit softer on all this. He’s in the group of CMLL guys who, once you’ve seen twice, you never need to see again in your entire lifetime, because they’re not doing anything different; they’re not going to add anything new and they’re not going to change styles depending on the opponent. Atlantis is going to give you the opening mat exchange (if there’s not a brawl), find some filler in between, do a few tilt-a-whirl backbreakers, and put someone up in the Atlantida for the finish. And that’s it – he’s permanently stuck in Arena Coliseo main event gear.
(To be fair, Dr. Wagner was the same way before the tecnico team. Ironically like Shawn Michaels, the Doctor could step it up in Big Match Situations, but since those are so few and far in between, you didn’t get to see it much. Maybe the rudo turn will awaken something in Atlantis, and maybe you should decide for yourself how you feel about Atlantis.)
What I really want CMLL to do, and what I’m sure they have no intention of doing, is either announce the date, the place, and the time they’ll be fighting mask for mask (and Atlantis can win, for all I care at this point, just to get it over), or announce that they’re never ever going to do that match, and stop booking them against each other in Mexico City. Someone could jump to AAA to make it easier, if they’d like, but we’re at an impasse, and nothing will get done until it’s resolved. Just stop focusing on it.
I’m guessing Ke Monito as rudo gets old in about a month or so.
My other problem is Mr. Aguila. Look, I’m fond of ex-Essa Rios; you can find many matches of me marking out over his WWF B-Show work around this very site if you take the time to look. But his jump and addition to Perros del Mal illustrates a large problem
Perro del Mal members
* El Hijo del Perro Aguayo
* Hector Garza
* Tarzan Boy (we think – even he’s not sure)
* Damian 666
* Blue Demon Jr. (we think – even the magazine’s not sure)
* Mr. Aguila
This is the panel where Damain says “What are we going to do with ocho Perros?” What are you going to do? Even assume Blue Demon doesn’t show for a while and FdT disappear, that’s a five man stable, and you might note a lack of a ten man tag matches in Arena Mexico in the last sixty some years. Perhaps Perro knows something I don’t. (Well, I’m sure of that, but anyway.)
Even more to the point, you’ve got 5 or 8 guys grouped together in a (seemingly) hot group, and they’re not actually doing much. They were feuding with the Casas’s (Casas’? Casases? Casi!), but that’s dropped. They’re feuding with the Capos and Pierroth, but that’s not going anywhere new, and it visibly won’t lead to a match till they decide they want to do another major show but lack a decent main event. Even then, there’s not enough rivals for all these guys to have something to do, until you start reaching – is really worth paying Mr. Aguila to match him up against Salsero? Wouldn’t you like a little more for your investment?
Having Mr. Aguila is a good thing, and he fits with the group (though I keep waiting for them to pull out an AAA flag while Tarzan gets even more confused). However, after debuting, what else can he possible do?
(Off the top of my head, I’m thinking he might have worked better as a face; he’s got the history with Ultimo, so you could pair him up with Wagner and Mistico against Ultimo, Atlantis, and Olimpico (as Mistico’s rival, and maybe unmask him) – he’d have an actual role, and it’d be a fresh face on the tecnico side. They could use those. And maybe while Santo’s around, he could resume his feud with Perro by teaming with Pierroth and the Capos. I don’t know how the crowd would take that, but it’d freshen up those matches as well. Eh, not gonna happen.)
This adds to the CMLL’s problem of having just too many guys to select from, and not going anywhere with most of them. You’ve got the Atlantis stuff, you’ve got this Perros/Capos stuff, the NJPW guys are gone but the women will be back sooner or later – they’ve created a situation where even if, say, Sangre Azteca blew people away on the anniversary show and this week and they geniunely wanted to move him up on the card, there’s no room to actually do that. Adding Mr. Aguila on the Perros side locks in a spot most weeks (you gotta figure he’s gotten assurances he’ll get booked regularly, or why jump?), and that’s one more (higher level) spot no one else is going to get. Unless they really are going to bust out that AAA flag, or he’s ending up in a feud with Ultimo again, whatever Mr. Aguila is going to add at this point (fill out trios matches, wear questionable tights) could’ve been done with Sangre or Misterioso or Super Comando or whomever, not only cheaper, but with the added benefit of finding out how well they work among higher level guys on a regular basis. You know what you’re getting from Aguila, but you don’t know what you’re getting from the midcarders, and despite the job Mistico’s done, they seem very intent on never finding out.
Truly, none of this should be any surprise to you or me. The booking typically is directionless when they’re out of the range of a big show and don’t already have a hot angle. CMLL always bring in outsiders and leapfrog them over undercard guys without giving them a true chance to prove (or disprove) themselves. They always marginalized those who’ve built themselves up recently to those who are older stars and are mostly living off their names, beacuse they feel they draw better. And they always tease matches they have no actual plan of delivering. None of this is the slightest bit new. Maybe it all coming together on one card was a bit much.
(Okay, now I’m really stuck on the idea of “adding semi-new blood to the Capos/Pierroth side to make the war with the Perros far more compelling.” Not the Anonymous Goon concept with the Pierroth Family – having the Capos bring in Misterioso II on a trial basis, looking for him to prove he can brawl as well as he can fly, would add new dimensions to an immensely repetitive matchup.)
You know, CMLL now has Hector Garza, Mr. Aguila, and Heavy Metal. If they just can get Abismo Negro over (and Hector can sneak into the country undetected), TNA can book the Team Mexico concept again!
IWRG (SUN) 10/02 Arena Naucalpan Results [superlucha]
1) Kid Tiger b Rey Estruendo
2) Panterita & Freezbe b Vampiro Metalico & Super Colt
3) Strippers (Sexy Man, Star BOY, Marco Rivera) & Fantasma de la Opera vs Fantasma de la Opera, Carta Brave, Macho II, Cerebro Negro
4) Corporacion (Veneno, Scorpio Jr., Dr. Cerebro) b Tanahashi, Nakamura, Okumura
5) Rayo de Jalisco Jr. b Head Hunter I [WWA Heavy]
An interview on Saturday, I believe, Head Hunter I explained Head Hunter II was done with wrestling and doing something else, but since he has family in Naucalpan, Head Hunter I decided to come back alone.
CMLL (SUN) 10/02 Arena Coliseo Lineup [superlucha]
1) Zetta & Explosivo n Polvora & Vaquero
2) Tigre Blanco, Tigre Metalico, Danger n Guerrero del Futuro, Jeque, Mesala
3) Metro, Brazo de Oro, Safari b Mr. Mexico, Hooligan, Masada
4) Black Warrior, Satanico, Felino b Emilio Charles Jr., Canek Jr. Hijo de Pierroth
5) Mistico, Heavy Metal, Negro Casas DQ Hijo del Perro Aguayo, Avero, Mephisto
Perro kicked Mistico low.
Super Lucha’s cover has the arriving (Aguila) and departing (Dark Angel – off to wrestle for AtoZ for a bit) wrestlers of the week.
CMLL (MON) 10/03 Arena Puebla Lineup [box y lucha]
1) Falcon Man, King Jaguar, Sol de Guego vs Fuerza Tiger, Black Master, El Murcielago
2) Tigre Rojo, the Tiger, Blue Center vs Espiritu Maligno, Mr. Rafaga, Fuerza Chicana
3) Brazo de Oro, Lestat, Zigma vs The Blacde, Siki Osama Jr., Toro Bill
4) La Mascara vs Misterioso Jr. [CMLL WELTER]
5) Mistico, el Hijo de Lizmark, Dos Caras Jr. vs Averno, Hijo de Perro Aguayo, Ultimo Guerrero
AAA (MON) 10/03 Auditorio de la Escuela Secundaria, Pedro Leon, Ixtlahuaca Lineup [superlucha]
1) Macarita Sagrada & Octagoncito vs Mini Abismo Negro & Mini Psicosis
2) Alan, Decnis, Billy Boy vs Ozz, Cuervo, Escoria
3) Hijo de Anibal & Alan Stone vs May Flowres & Polvo de Estrellas
4) Vampiro, Martha Villalobos, Alebrije (w/Cuije) vs Pirata Morgan, Diabolica, Monsther (w/ Chucky)
CMLL (TUE) 10/04 Arena Coliseo Lineup [superlucha]
1) Mini Olimpico, Bracito de Oro, Fantasy vs Fire, Sombrita, Troll
2) Kronos, Sombra de Plata, Valiente vs Ramstein, Jeque, Apocalipsis
3) Satanico, Safari, Virus vs Hijo de Pierroth, Okumura, Canek Jr.
4) Heavy Metal, Brazo de Plata, Black Warrior vs Universo 2000, Mascara Ano 2000, Pierroth
5) Hijo de Lizmark vs Terrible
CMLL (TUE) 10/04 Arena Queretaro Lineup [superlucha]
1) El Rojo vs Line
2) Escandalo & Danger vs Tiamak & Ursus
3) Tzuki & Ultimo Dragoncito vs Pequeno Violencia & Pierrothito
4) Averno & Mephisto vs La Mascara & Felino
5) Ultimo Dragon, Dos Caras Jr., Blue Panther vs Hector Garza, Head Hunter I, Ultimo Guerrero
CMLL (TUE) 10/04 Arena Aficion Lineup [superlucha]
1) Azteca de Oro vs Diavolo
2) Lalo Guerra & Desafio vs Medics I & la Hormiga
3) Hijo de Karonte & Blade vs Astro Boy & Fantastico
Astro Boy? Huh. Is there a third brother?
4) Chico Che vs Colmillo Blanco [hair]
5) Heavy Metal, Brazo de Plata, Maximo vs Pierroth (w/La Nazi), Pierroth Jr., Hijo de Pierroth
CMLL (TUE) 10/04 Arena Guadalajara [cmll]
1) Spider Boy vs Mileno [10min]
2) Estrella de Jalisco I vs Infernal [10min]
3) Carlo Roggi vs Valentin Mayo [12min]
4) Flash I vs Danger [15min]
5) Neutron & Leon Blanco vs Mogur & Asesino Negro [no time limit]
6) Damain 666 & Halloween vs Tarzan Boy & Olimpico
7) Atlantis vs Dr. Wagner
Guadalajara going to a non-traditional style lineup is the most intersting and under reported story of the year.
AAA (WED) 10/05 Expo Feria de Coacalco, Explanada Municipal Lineup [superlucha]
1) Cynthia Moreno & Lola Gonzalez vs La Diabolica & La Hechicera
2) Mascarita Sagrada, La Parkita, Octagoncito vs Mini Abismo Negro, Mini Chessman, Jerrito Estrada
3) Pimpinela Escarlata, May Flowers, Polvo de Estrellas vs Picudo, Espiritu, Silver Cat
4) La Parka, Octagon, Mascara Sagrada vs Abismo Negro, Chessman, Pirata Morgan
CMLL (THU) Col Metropolitana, Nezahualcoyotl Lineup [box y lucha]
This is their fourth anniversary show
1) Black Gasper, Cosmotton, Skayderman vs Dr. Trauma, Golden Bull, Maxima
2) Tzuki & Shockercito vs Mini Olimpico & Fire
3) Tony Cirio, Espiral Negro, Ricky Gonzalez vs Miserable, Ricky Ricon, Black Machine
4) Valiente, Leono, Filoso vs Macabro, Cobalto, Espiritu
5) StarMAN & Payasos (unlisted) vs Warrior Steel, Chaco Mool, Renegado
6) Volador Jr., Tony Rivera, Fantastik, Tigre Metalico vs Mephisto, Dr. X, Arkangel & Hijo de Cien Caras
IWRG (THU) 10/06 Arena Naucalpan Lineup [superlucha]
2) Ultra Mega & Antaris vs Macho II & Super Colt
3) Avisman, Star BOY, Marco Rivera vs Jinetes del Apocalipsis (Pirata Morgan Jr., Nemesis, Kaleth)
4) Batman, Suciida, Matrix vs Bestia Salvaje, Enterrador 2000, Cerebro Negro
Rare TV appearance for Batman!
5) Heavy Metal, Mascara Sagrada, Sagrado vs Head Hunter I, Okumura, Masada
CMLL (FRI) 10/07 Arena Mexico Lineup [superlucha]
1) Stuka & Trueno vs Super Comando & Flecha
2) Lady Apache, Marcela, Sahori vs La Nazi, Princesa Sujei, Amapola
Will Lady Apache show? You’d think they’d stop booking her if they thought she wouldn’t.
3) Dr. X, Nitro, Sangre Azteca vs Texano Jr., Maximo, Sagrado
4) Universo 2000, Rey Bucanero, Pierroth vs Perros del Mal (Hijo del Perro Aguayo, Hector Garza, Mr. Aguila)
Aguila is also listed on an AAA card for the same day, but I don’t believe he’s gonna make it.
5) Mistico, Hijo del Santo, Blue Panther vs GdA (Atlantis, Ultimo Guerrero, Tarzan Boy)
IWRG (FRI) 10/07 Chimaluacan Lineup [superlucha]
1) Mr. Libra vs Conde Negro
He’s back! They’re back! Are we sure someone just didn’t pull out an opener from six months ago?
2) Panterita & Freesbe vs Macho II & Rey Estruendo
3) Payasos (Coco Rojo, Coco Verde, Coco Blanco) vs Jinetes del Apocalipsis (Pirata Morgan Jr., Nemesis, Kaleth) [lumberjack strap match?]
4) Suicida, Virus, Misterioso II vs Veneno, Averno, Mephisto
5) Blue Demon Jr., Mascara Sagrada, Dos Caras Jr. vs Pierroth, Tarzan Boy, Head Hunter I
BAJA STAR (FRI) 10/07 Auditorio Municipal, Tijuana Lineup [box y lucha]
1) Elmo & Hurcan Negro vs Bengali & Super Nino
2) Super Rino & Thunder Boy vs Panchoc Cachondo & Diablo
3) Venum Black, Depredador, Inferno vs Angel Blanco, Pandillero, Tornado Negro
4) Solar I vs Negro Navarro vs Blue Panther [La Copa Luchistica a la Excelencia 2005]
5) LA Park, Halloween, Damian 666 vs Rey Mysterio Sr., Pierroth Jr., Hijo de Pierroth
CMLL (FRI) 10/07 Auditorio Municipal, Tlaxcala Lineup [box y lucha]
1) Reina Azteca & Citalli vs Princesita & Enigmatica
2) King Black & Rey Halcon vs Silver Dragon & Venado
3) Aguila Metalicas (I & II) vs Black Demon & Zenk
4) Super Porky & Volador Jr. vs Scorpio Jr. & Emilio Charles Jr.
CMLL (SAT) 10/08 San Pedro Actopan Lineup [box y lucha]
1) Rayo Tapatios (I & II) vs Artillero & Super Comando
2) Bam Bam & Shockercito vs Pierrothito & Fire
3) Tigre Blanco & Tigre Metalico vs Hooligan & Apocalipsis
4) Lizmark & Felino vs Okumura & Masada
5) Dr. Wagner, Rayo de Jalisco, Heavy Metal vs Hijo del Perro Aguayo, Tarzan Boy, Rey Bucanero
CMLL (SAT) Coliseo Cordobes Lineup [box y lucha]
3) Aventuerera & Rosa Salvaje vs Gato Volador & Silver Star
4) Sagrado & Misterioso vs Hijo de Pierroth & Nitro
5) Mistico & Volador Jr. vs Ultimo Guerrero & Black Tiger
AAA (SAT) 10/08 Centro de Convencions de Tlalnepantla Lineup [superlucha]
1) Mascarita Sagrada, Esterllita, Chiva Rayada I vs Mini Abismo Negro, Miss Janeth, Ghefar
2) Decnis, Billy Boy vs Espiritu, Silver Cat bs Guerrero Siam & Dragon 
3) Psicosis II vs Picudo vs Mosco de la Merced
4) Konnan & La Parka II vs Cibernetico & Chessman
Something tells me this match isn’t going to go well for Parka. He’s main eventing another show in La Magueyera an hour later, so hopefully it’s a quick mauling.
AAA (SAT) 10/08 Rodeo San Antonio, Texcoco Lineup [superlucha]
2) Las Chivas Rayadas I & II vs Brandon & Kevin
3) Martha Villalobos & Lola Gonzalez vs Tiffany & La Hechicera
4) Los Diabolicos (Mr. Condor & Gallego) & Jerrito Estrada vs May Flowers, Polvo de Estrellas, Mini Pathfinder
5) Luzbel, Oriental, El Brazo vs Konnan,
Mr. Aguila, Monsther (w/Chucky)
CMLL (SAT) 10/08 Arena Lopez Mateos, Tlalnepantla [box y lucha]
1) Tortuguillos Karatekas vs Tortugas Mutantes
2) Raven, Hiroka, India Sioux vs Flor, Metalica, Lady Metal
I may have created a trios match out of a tag there.
3) Sangre Azteca, Nitro, Dr. X vs Extreme Family (Judas, Sadico, Locky) [MEX TRIOS]
4) Dos Caras Jr., Heavy Metal, Texano Jr. vs Villanos (III, IV, V)
5) Dr. Wagner Jr., Angel Blanco Jr. vs Hijo del Perro Aguayo & Hector Garza vs Universo 2000 & Black Tiger [3, Dr. Wagner Trophy]
CMLL (SUN) 10/09 Arena Coliseo Lineup [superlucha]
1) Zeta & Molotov vs Polvora & Vaquero
2) Tony Rivera, StarMAN, Danger vs Mesala, Zayco, Guerrero del Futuro
3) Pantera, Metro, Brazo de Oro vs Mr. Mexico, Loco Max, Arkangel
4) Satanico, Lizmark, Black Warrior vs Pierroth, Hijo de Pierroth, Universo 2000
5) Dr. Wagner Jr., Hijo de Lizmark, Blue Panther vs GdA (Atlantis, Ultimo Guerrero, Tarzan Boy)
Very similiar to the Arena Mexico main event.
CMLL (SUN) 10/09 Arena Coliseo Guadalajara Lineup [superlucha]
1) Exterminador vs Guero Loco
2) Golden & Makabre vs Depredador & Infierno
3) Stuka & Oro II vs Infernal & Malefico
4) La Mascara & Maximo vs Magnum & Toxico
5) Hijo del Santo & Mistico vs Averno & Mephisto
IWRG (SUN) 10/09 Arena Naucalpan Lineup 
2) Antaris & Ultra Mega vs Macho II & Super Colt
3) Fantasma Jr., Panterita, Kung Fu Jr., vs Cyborg, Pirata Morgan Jr., Xibalba
4) Payasos (Coco Rojo, Coco Verde, Coco Blanco) vs La Corporacion (Veneno, Dr. Cerebro, Cerebro Negro) [EdM TRIOS]
5) Hijo del Perro Aguayo, Enterrador 2000, Scorpio Jr. vs Heavy Metal, Hijo de Lizmark, Villano IV
AAA (SUN) 10/09 Arena San Juan Lineup [superlucha]
4) Barrio Boys vs Black Family
5) Latin Lover & Histeria vs Cibernetico & Mosco de la Merced
On a Sunday indy show in Arena Lopez Mateos, there’s someone in the main event working under the main “Rokambole”, which is the name Villano III and Villano V used before adopting those identities.