So. No RAW recap again this week. We’re officially blaming K-Fed. THERE WILL BE BETTER CONTENT HERE THAN THIS around 5:30ish (CST) today, but till then, various things I’ve been thinking
But for something better than what I’ve got to say, go check Scott’s new blog @ http://somebodystopthedamnmatch.blogspot.com/ – you’ve got Tajiri vs Great Muta, and you’ve got Jake the Snake vs the Big Bossman, and you’ve got a lot of other things.
– What are going to be the choices for the Lita vs Mickie James tournament final match at not-Taboo Tuesday? “Match goes 3 minutes, match goes 1 minute, match doesn’t go at all?” I know, it’s going to be what outfit they’re wearing, and nothing says Championship Match Final like voting on what they’ll wear. Lita’s retirement run sure isn’t Trish’s.
I have no idea why this is such on my mind lately. I’ll stop it now.
I’ve been reading about it, but I haven’t been watching much WWE stuff of late – I’ve got two Smackdowns sitting on my TiVo and they’re about to be joined by a third, and I skipped 90% of the taped RAW. (ECW is a struggle to watch based on my current cable setup, not that I think I’d bother if it was easier.)
– Johnny Nitro is so good at being Johnny Nitro, I can not imagine the day when Johnny Nitro will be anything besides Johnny Nitro. I’m not going out of my way to see Johnny Nitro or anything, but once a segment, Johnny Nitro’ll do something so Johnny Nitro, it’ll be great.
– The TNA/AAA/Mexico thing is so weird. In TNA, they acted as if AJ Styles was attacked by Konnan, Homicide and others in a continuation of the normal TNA storylines, and they’re (or at the promoter) is selling their Monterrey show on those normal angles.
Except, TNA TV is barely on in Mexico (up till a month ago, the only people who could follow it were those with illegal US satellite dishes) and only the hardcorest of the hardcore know what’s going on the TNA world. Almost all the people who’d consider going to their show know TNA from the AAA show – and they’re just a bunch of indistinct Americans in AAA. For instance: Homicide was there to beat down AJ Styles, because Homicide was teaming with AJ Styles on the show (and so were Low-Ki and Samoa Joe.)
It’s not a complete loss – the lowest of the low guys in TNA (Skipper and Hoyt) have been presented as main event mystery stars in AAA. But that’s also the problem – they’re being used as interchangeable guys, and guys who matter only for being from TNA, having nothing individual going on. They’re infantrymen, and who wants to pay to see infantrymen? (No offense to infantrymen.)
Then again, maybe Angle will just draw the house and it won’t matter.
They are being projected as important people, but matches in between them wouldn’t seem to be important.
– I think I may be going to the Chicago Ridge ROH show this SATURDAY. (In caps, because til late last night, I was under the impression it was today. I dunno why.) Thing is, I thought I was going to one night of TPI, and I had talked myself into being excited to go to SHIMMER, and things came up. I have no particular interest in any match besides Joe/Danielson, but that should be worth it alone. I’m just kinda expecting something to happen in the next 12-24 hours and find myself not there.
I’m also expecting this match to go, like, to 4 AM (not factoring in the ‘fall back’ hour.)
– The best part of James being quoted by the WSJ, with the sarcasm sucked out of his words, is that it came right after a post about his dentist checkup. If there’s a better example of THE INTERNET, I don’t know what it could be.