NHL ’10: Be A Pro (Season 1)
“Rey Bucanero”, Right Wing, Sniper.
Think I scored 1 goal and picked up an assist in the prospects game. Was drafted 7th (?) by the Dallas Stars. Spent most of the first half of the season on the Texas Stars (least creative team name ever, and there sure are a lot of AHL teams in Texas.)
AHL: 34 GP, 28 Goals, 6 Assists (34 points), 37 PIM, +24
NHL: 45 GP, 34 Goals, 14 Assists (48 points), 34 PIM, +20
- Played all 81 games myself (missed 1 game due to promotion)
- The (18 year old) player rating started at 74, and has only moved up thru equipment bonuses. There’s no way I should’ve scored 62 goals and 82 points with a 74 guy. Need to bump up difficulty (at Pro now) …may wait until after playoffs
- Ended regular season with 4th most points and 1st in goals on Dallas, despite playing 40 less games. Not coincidentally, took twice as many shots than anyone else, again despite playing 40 fewer games. I’m a black hole and would need to fix this if I ever played a team game online.
- Not coincidentally, the only Season Expectation I missed was assists (supposed to have gotten 28)
- Something between 15-20 of those goals were empty net goals at end of the games.
- Led the NHL in goals by rookie, but finished 17 points out of first place
- When promoted to Dallas on a permanent basis, they were around 13th in Western Conference. They’ll go into the playoffs as the #1 seed. Again, difficulty needs to be slightly adjusted…
Still can’t make a shootout goal to save my life. At least that’s not a big deal in the playoffs!