So. Uncharted 2 comes out in about 24 hours, so there goes the chances of getting anything done the rest of the week. It’s not like I ever finish writing a post for this without distractions, and this will make sure I won’t (hopefully!) Instead of wasting, I figure I might as well reuse – in the form of a list. Assuming I can even finish THIS post, which seems iffy since I already have been distracted.
– one about my hard drive crash. Of all I’ve had (on every single windows computer), this was the first time where it didn’t hurt much; just needed to reinstall stuff on a new hard drive, because 90% of my data is on iPod or The Cloud, and the other 10% is stuff I wouldn’t have thought about backing up (custom dictionaries?), stuff I haven’t actually used in years, or stuff I’ve completely forgotten about and will only realize I miss a long time from now. unfinished because I couldn’t find words to express point I wanted to make; also semi-boring
– one about deciding what Win7 computer I should get next month: a small laptop so I could do the most of the stuff I do at home when not a home (though that’s not actually why I don’t do it at home, and plus I already use my iTouch for a lot of that), a tower to do the same stuff I already do slightly faster – or maybe spending that money in any one of may better ways. unfinished because of extreme boring-ness, and no one else could possible care
– one about the first round of the baseball playoffs and related news: is it neat that actual baseball writers are looking at my Bradley->Rays idea? (Yes!) Does it mean anything? (No! Writers clearly just looking at teams for dead money guys to go back the other way, but are just filling up inches and have no actual inside info) Could I be happier that this sale is almost over (Yes!) How much of the LDS have I watched? very little, because I needed some separation. Do I gain any happiness from the Cardinals being swept? (no – Cubs still didn’t win.) Do the Cubs gain anything from how the Cardinals lost? (YES, if St. Louis is silly and decides to not sign Holliday after this – and who even knows about Duncan and LaRussa.) What’s the one stat from the other playoff series that was stunning? (Chone Figgins leading the league in walks; he’s getting crazy money this offseason, and very unlikely to be on a Chicago team.) skipped because when do I ever write about baseball here? really now
– one about my new avatar, now that we totally crashed on re-entry not done because I still don’t have a new avatar, and also too obscure – no, that usually doesn’t work
– one about how Joe Versus The World is clearly the Velvet Underground of wrestling podcasts, because maybe only a hardcore group listened to them all (so thrilled when we first reached triple digits), but everyone single one of them has their own podcast on BlogTalkRadio now. rejected for not really having any more to write except the one awesome/ludicrous line
– one about how I feel about the new NBC show Community skipped because I haven’t actually gotten to watch any of the episodes yet! but I’m sure they’re great, as well as all the other TV I haven’t gotten to
– one about my fantasy football teams not posted because no one cares about anyone else’s fantasy football team, ever, we’re all just being polite towards each other
– one about the US/Honduras! not done because I’m still at least a year from faking I know about soccer on any level
– one about subject I’ve completely blanked about at the moment not done because I won’t remember this until I attempt to fall asleep. May scribble something down on piece of paper, which will promptly be lost
Yea, I think that does it.