Lunch for my birthday: lemon drops and a lemonade gatorade. And now my tounge is yellow-ish green and apparently bleeding, how gross.
Distracting myself by catching up
– the 2005 indexes are up to date, for 4 whole hours!
– and the resulting title histories should be good for now, too. In general, I think I’m probably only going to bother to update these after each PPV, but I may not get in the habit.
– 2005 Judgment Day Tournament and 2005 Gold Rush Tournament Brackets are in the Info. Don’t ask me why I bothered.
Still want to write about a couple baseball games, but may save posting them till tommorow. I’m really glad there’s an off day today.
I don’t know why everything is a Flatliner to me. I think I blackout and think about Kanyon. Still. I really know I need to stop doing that.
I forgot to mention this in the twelve hour long Lucha Va Voom recap, and how is that actually possible, but Blaine has this white suit/red shirt combo which is only one wild pattern away from being a Batman villian. If the writing thing doesn’t work out for him, he should look into it.
I figure all my unknown hits are coming from Kane, surfing the ‘net with a red light on. I bet Kane looks up a lot of weird serch terms. Also, the Bashams apparently moved there (with Gail Kim!), and so need me to tell them how they look on Velocity.
The WWF used to spell Loki’s name oddly, depending on the visit, it was very strange.
I did go to Backlash and there’s notes I took from it, but I figured there’d be actual play by play later. Also, I killed the WWF by going, and I still feel bad about that.
I’m not sure what, if anything, I’m doing going to wrestling show-ish this weekend.
– there’s the two OELL shows on Saturday and Sunday, but if I saw this main event – Cien Caras & Mascara Ano 2000 vs Pierroth & El Hijo del Pierroth – on CMLL TV, I’d be surfing the net in between falls, so why do I want to pay see this?
It’s not even Pierroth’s fault, as much fun as it is to hate on Pierroth; if it was Pierroths vs Veneno & Violencia, I’d be all over this match. Maybe that’s just my love for Veneno. Maybe I’m not cool enough to get the Dynamite Brothers. Maybe I just think it’s like seeing Undertaker and Kane, but if they weren’t ‘Undertaker’ and ‘Kane’ to me.
If I had to rank the Capos, and let’s say I must, it’d go in this order
1) Apolo Dantes – huge boost based on possibly having won his feud with Giant Silva (do you see Silva around anymore? I think that’s a win.)
2) Universo 2000 – willing to go, sometimes! occasionally willing to lose his mask
3) Mascara Ano 2000 – impossible to fill this blurb
4) Cien Caras – been retiring for the last four+ months. Should’ve retired much sooner.
I’m getting the worse ones, I’m getting a feud I don’t care that much about, and I’m getting a lot of boredom as the never ending time between matches, uh, never ends. (That’s the one problem Congress never has.) The Mascarita/Futuro tag match should be fun, but I’ve seen those guys plenty, so I don’t feel a huge need ot see them again.
– and there’s the ROH show in Chicago Ridge. Like with Backlash, these have had a pattern of being a lot better when I don’t go, so I’m tempted to use martyr-dom to get out of going. I’m lazy FOR THE PEOPLE.
ROH shows work for me depending on how many guys I already dig are on the card; it’s hard to like new guys based on seeing them once every couple months, and I need to find someone to like before getting there, because the combination of wrestler pandering and fans overloving guys makes me too cynical to like someone new. (I’m cold FOR THE PEOPLE. That catchphrase has slightly less chance of working then “I’ll bury them – like cheese!”)
All they’ve got American Dragon, and I’m not sure if I’m ready yet to forgive him for having a match no one could actually watch last time. Still, it’d be awful neat to see him win the ROH Title (though odds would seem against it – Aries is supposed to defend the title in Mexico on Sunday, though again who knows if Gabe is booking for Mexico). Doug Williams is one of those guys you hear a lot positive about, and randomlly I’ve opted to believe all that about him, so that could be a really good match if Dragon ends up in that one.
The rest of the matches, eh. Punk’s going to kill Rave, or Rave’s going to win in a tremendously unimpressive way. I think I want Cabana to win, but I could care less about the rest.
You do have the chance, if Gibson can repeat his performance of last time thru, to have the least attentive smart audience for a smart match, with Gibson facing B.J. Whitmer. Off the charts in possible apathy.
I’m not really fired up to see either of these shows, and I keep thinking I’m best to be doing something else if keep feeling that way. Of course, I wouldn’t even be having this external internal dialouge if I had something else I really wanted to do, so I dunno.
If I had to decide right now, I think I’m staying home (or maybe going to a Cougars game). But feel free to convince me otherwise.