Comparing the USA Today salary numbers to what I’ve got. We’re actually in the same neighborhood, so I haven’t completely been wasting my time. Note they don’t count any of the buyouts, but they do count those on the opening day DL, so they’re a bit higher than the number listed for the 25 man roster.
Difference, small and not
– Veteran minimums are higher than guys without tenure, so Chad Fox is getting $575k and Scott Williamson is getting $500k.
– Barrett’s numbers were averages; it looks like it’s 3 1/3, 4, 4 2/3 in the contract.
– They still have A-Ram’s old contract or they only are counting half the signing bonus.
– LaTroy and Remmy’s numbers include incentive bonuses from last year; I consider that part of last year’s salary.
– Derek Lee getting 1/3 less million than I had.
– Leicester is getting under the minimum? Odd. Maybe I don’t understand the minimum.
The Cub Reporter walked thru the minor league rosters over here. (The problem with fifty people covering the same team is even if you have a good idea, three other people have it too.)
Around the minors
Finding box scores for these things are tougher than I’d expect.
West Tennessee RAIN OUT Chattanooga: Apparently it was bad enough to cause some flooding in the West Tennessee area. They’ll kick off today instead, and make up the missed game with a double header on Thursday.
Tonight, the DiamondJaxx game is followed by a Micro Wrestling Federation match. Yes, midgets. I’m thinking not Tzuki.
Daytona RAIN OUT Brevard County: The story here is the FSL picking up right where it left off last season; at least this time it’s not Hurricane related. They’ll make up the game on June 1st.
Wisconsin 3 – Peoria 1: Cheifs got behind early, blanked by the starter, Mark Lowe, for six innings, squeaked out a run from the 9 hitter (Jose Rios) in the 7th, and had a runner on in the ninth – only to see Alberto Garcia get picked off. Ewww.